What's new

Wireless controllers are awesome

albac0re

but I cant get mine (my wireless controller) to work with an emulator :ermm:

Has anyone else ran into a problem using a wireless PS2 controller with a USB/PS2 adapter? (more specifically, Logitech's Cordless Action Controller) Any tips about 'cross system' wireless inputs useful also.

I bought a USB/PS2 adapter today and wanted to use my Logitech Cordless Action Controller, but i plugged the controller receiver up to the adapter and no go. the computer wouldn't find the controller. when I plug the adapter in, Windows tells me the new hardware is ready to use, and sure enough, when i plug a wired controller in, it works fine. So my question is: Has anyone else ran into a problem using a wireless PS2 controller with a USB/PS2 adapter? (more specifically, Logitech's Cordless Action Controller) Any tips about 'cross system' wireless inputs will be greatly appreciated.

So far, done the following to try to get it to work:

- Ran the driver disk that came with the adapter
- Downloaded and installed a comparable driver from Logitech's site for the controller (PC wireless controller that looks very similar)
- Rebooted
- Tested the wireless controller in a PS2 (it works fine)

Additional information:

- When the receiver dongle is plugged into the adapter, the receiver's indication LED flashes as if it is searching for a controller. Likewise, the controller's indication LED is also flashing as if it is searching for a receiver, but neither ever connects to one another.

From that information, It feels to me like the the PS2's controller ports are configured so they automatically have the receiver accept a controller (or something) while the PC just sits there because it does not know how to handle the lack of controller. But thats just some general speculation.

Again anyone with any knowledge on the subject would be a big help.

Thanks!

revl8er

That Damn Good
I'm guessing that the control isn't compatible with the adapter. I haven't personally tried it though so I wouldn't know. What adapter is it? I know that you can get wireless controls to work as I used a wireless ps2 controller on my pc with a n64/psx adapter though I can't remember exactly which controller it was since my cousin brought it over once and I tried it then.