What's new

WinXP wrong shutdown or some

When i shutdown XP the wrong way (almost always) since i have little patience when it gets stuck or some, i get the tipical "your drive needs to be checked for consistency " or whatever screen, in Win98, once you skip it once, it never appears again till ya shutdown the PC in a wrong way, but in XP, it keeps appearing all the time till i let it check the partition, is there any way to stop it, i mean, some registry tweak or some???

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
If Windows XP gets stuck and I manually shut it down it never makes me scan my disk...that was Win95-based systems...maybe because I am using NTFS? Once, the drive did get borked because of a bad shutdown, but that's only once out of many times..

Nope

Lex said:
Why not?, ntfs is better then fat32

I think its useless, and I also install linux all the time, so, nope, besides, my HD is full the whole time and they say if you move to NTFS or viceversa, i dont know, you may have data corruption, so, im not taking any risks

Just need to know how to stop the useless blue screen from coming uo without having to go through over and over
:jason:

Remote

Lex said:
Why not?, ntfs is better then fat32

That's only partially true, ntfs is better on large disks, i.e 30GB and upwards, but on disks smaller then that I really don't think that the difference is that big. And by converting with out reformating there's likely that something will go wrong.