What's new

Winphin Christmas Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
When I talked about windwaker I was taking about say when I island firsts appears.
You proberly get 25 fps with dolphin when link is crawling through holes.
I get about 40-45 fps then. if i fix some gfx emulation (rewrite in asm)
then we will be talking.

Sercio

Do you try any other game? Gekko uses dolphin´s video plugin (yet)... shizzy is on the way to make a own (hopefully better) one.

OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
thats the best game besides res evil 4 and twilight princess (dont have that yet)

emwearz

you really are an anxious bunch.
There is no point posting screenshots because they will be immediatly called fake.
Sounds good but it randomcrashes too much for my likings

Actually I would think you have a higher chance of your emulator being called fake by not posting screens. Also if it is real then you shouldnt worry if people call it fake, you can prove them wrong when you release it.:alucard:

blueshogun96

A lowdown dirty shame
No disrespect, but I strongly recommend you write your emu first, get it working, then talk about how it's going. Because for instance, let's say you can't finish it, you will be looking pretty bad. I know this by experience. Just trying to help you out, that's all. Anyway, best wishes for success. :alucard:

emwearz

No disrespect, but I strongly recommend you write your emu first, get it working, then talk about how it's going. Because for instance, let's say you can't finish it, you will be looking pretty bad. I know this by experience. Just trying to help you out, that's all. Anyway, best wishes for success. :alucard:

Winphin is a gamecube emulator I started from scratch.
Graphics Emulation is pretty good (better than gcube)but still not as good as Dolphin.

To me he is claiming to have done quite a bit of work.

OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
core 2 duo is 64 bit

EDIT: unless your os is 32 bit. sorry (thats what you said)

Last edited:
OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
Didn't anyone get what I said from the second post.
Then you insult me by throwing noobie tuts.

The recompiler i wrote is like a second revision of a Dynarec Recompiler.
It not only rewrites the code in x86 or x64 code. But it adjusts the system to
suit the gamecubes code.

EDIT: sorry I never read what you fully said
No disrespect, but I strongly recommend you write your emu first, get it working, then talk about how it's going. Because for instance, let's say you can't finish it, you will be looking pretty bad. I know this by experience. Just trying to help you out, that's all. Anyway, best wishes for success.

I have written plenty of 8 bit and 16 bit emulators.
The Gamecube Was the first 32 (some opcodes 64) bit emulator that I tried

Last edited:
B

Beaner(lui)

Didn't anyone get what I said from the second post.
Then you insult me by throwing noobie tuts.

The recompiler i wrote is like a second revision of a Dynarec Recompiler.
It not only rewrites the code in x86 or x64 code. But it adjusts the system to
suit the gamecubes code.

ok...:plain:

emwearz

If you can post shots of you emulating a NGC, what would make you think people would call you a n00b?

jih2000

Over the years I've read emutalk i've seen many lamers post similar comments to dolqube and then say "oh i'm not going to release" or just keep BS, I would be very pleasantly surprised if he did post a working GC emu, but to be honest, his postings are sounding close to the stereo-typical "I've created a super emu and can quote a couple lines of asm code I saw on the INet" lamers at the moment and I bet he does not release squat except a load of BS.

But please prove me wrong and make me eat my words. I have so much respect for Dolphin and Dolwin.

Last edited:

Sercio

A long time it was dark about the status of gamecube emulation... after the realase from the Wii the old console generation got a live again! There are so many things which we will see soon like gekko, the new (faster dual core optimazed)dolphin version and something called winphin! Everything past us really fast on this topic (thanks ector for the "mistake")...
Well lets stay patient and wait for the new releases which maybe will be puplished this year :drool:
@ every developer: thanks

Last edited:

Dinush

A long time it was dark about the status of gamecube emulation... after the realase from the Wii the old console generation got a live again! There is so many things which we will see soon like gekko, the new (faster dual core optimazed)dolphin version and something called winphin! Everything past us really fast on this topic (thanks ector for the "mistake")...
Well lets stay patient and wait for the new releases which maybe will be puplished this year :drool:
@ every developer: thanks

All I have to say is cheers :cheers: .

Status
Not open for further replies.