What's new

Wingman Rumblepad problems

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I am using my wingman rumblepad and try to use the buttons for my game-pad. But when I do, as I try to set the buttons, it says something like a "z-slider" for the buttons and I can't do anything at all. And when I play, Link goes running down and won't go in the directions I use my analog stick in. Any help please?

I have calibrated and done everything I can think of, but, nothing works.

Its like a n64 game controller going haywire going down and you have to unplug the controller and re-plug it for it to stop going down over the options.

Please help.

I have windows xp

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Dark said:
I am using my wingman rumblepad and try to use the buttons for my game-pad. But when I do, as I try to set the buttons, it says something like a "z-slider" for the buttons and I can't do anything at all. And when I play, Link goes running down and won't go in the directions I use my analog stick in. Any help please?

I have calibrated and done everything I can think of, but, nothing works.

Its like a n64 game controller going haywire going down and you have to unplug the controller and re-plug it for it to stop going down over the options.

Please help.

I have windows xp

ok see your throttle Slider ? :)
Place that in the middle of the bar on the 3rd line & then assign your buttons :)

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
How weird. It works, but, one problem.

I test my calibration on the test thingy, and, it works fine, but, when I press "right" on my analog stick when setting the move right on jabo's input pllugin, it doesn't work, no matter how light or hard I push it right, it doesn't work.

Any help on this as well?

Gent

Administrator
Dark said:
How weird. It works, but, one problem.

I test my calibration on the test thingy, and, it works fine, but, when I press "right" on my analog stick when setting the move right on jabo's input pllugin, it doesn't work, no matter how light or hard I push it right, it doesn't work.

Any help on this as well?

make sure you update you logitech Drivers you can download the latest from Logitechs site after choosing your Wingman Rumble, then onto the Drivers.

USA Driver Downloads

Also if you want to actually have rumble...

Use Nrages Input Plugin you can get that Here from the Emutalk Download Section

Last edited:
OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
It still doesn't seem to work.

Why does n-rages input plugin make it so I can't go to options in the emulator or anything during game-play?

Alright, I got EVERYTHING working fine. One thing, while in gameplay, I can move PERFECTLY now, but, Link goes "down" and stay's when I have the analog up a bit. Any help on this?

Edit- Here is my new current problem, some old:

1- When I play any game, my character or options move down or Link moves down automatically, which I don't like. I have a dead-zone of 0% and my rumble-pack works when I get hit now :)
All you have to do is set the rumble pack on with the assigned button.

Now, the right button works perfectly and all other buttons. But "one" problem exists and i'll be able to play "perfectly" on the Master Quest.

Link automatically moves down without me controlling him. I do not know why this happens. Any ideas?

2- On N-Rages direct input8 v1.82, when I go to my options or anything, why is your mouse frozen on the game and doesn't let you go to options or anything? When you press alt, you can use your keyboard to do such things, why does this happen? It get's very frustrating and annoying. Is there any sort of thing I need to enable/disable? Thanks. I can't even exit or close my game unless I press alt and manually hit "exit game."

Last edited:

kazooie

Dark said:
1- When I play any game, my character or options move down or Link moves down automatically, which I don't like. I have a dead-zone of 0% and my rumble-pack works when I get hit now :)
All you have to do is set the rumble pack on with the assigned button.

Now, the right button works perfectly and all other buttons. But "one" problem exists and i'll be able to play "perfectly" on the Master Quest.

Link automatically moves down without me controlling him. I do not know why this happens. Any ideas?

2- On N-Rages direct input8 v1.82, when I go to my options or anything, why is your mouse frozen on the game and doesn't let you go to options or anything? When you press alt, you can use your keyboard to do such things, why does this happen? It get's very frustrating and annoying. Is there any sort of thing I need to enable/disable? Thanks. I can't even exit or close my game unless I press alt and manually hit "exit game."

Problem 1 - Link is clearly possessed by the devil.

Problem 2 - Go into the configuration settings for N-Rage and click on the 'shortcuts' tab. Assign a key to lock/unlock mouse. Problem solved.

I used to have a Wingman Rumblepad and that slider caused me no end of hassles - maybe problem 1 is associated with that?

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Okay, mouse problem solved.

Link is "still" possessed by a demon XD

I am seriously getting frustrated by Link moving on his own and actually getting hit :p

Its kind of strange, because, when I use my "control pad" and not "analog" it doesn't create this problem. Anything anyone?

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
Dark said:
Okay, mouse problem solved.

Link is "still" possessed by a demon XD

I am seriously getting frustrated by Link moving on his own and actually getting hit :p

Its kind of strange, because, when I use my "control pad" and not "analog" it doesn't create this problem. Anything anyone?

Did you update your drivers to the recent ones ?

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Drivers? Does that mean a chip or a download install?

I have directx 9.0b, and, it still creates the "same" problem as before.

Sometimes I have Link not going right and left, sometimes not up or down, or combinations, either two directions don't work sometimes.

Do you have any suggestions?

When I use the "d-pad" its back to normal.

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
Dark said:
Drivers? Does that mean a chip or a download install?

I have directx 9.0b, and, it still creates the "same" problem as before.

Sometimes I have Link not going right and left, sometimes not up or down, or combinations, either two directions don't work sometimes.

Do you have any suggestions?

When I use the "d-pad" its back to normal.

I mean the Logitech Wingman Rumble Drivers from this link USA Driver Downloads

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Yes, I do. And I just installed the driver today, I didn't when I first put in the gamepad into the USB slot.

Gent

Administrator
Dark said:
Yes, I do. And I just installed the driver today, I didn't when I first put in the gamepad into the USB slot.

Ok so now does that solve your problem ?

I take it you have configured Nrages for your Digital & Anologue stick right ?

Like the Pic below.

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
Dark said:
Actually, my button setup is like this:

Ok 1st you need to config your Analog stick again..
you have:

Up and Left sharing the same axis and then Right & Down sharing the same axis.

Up GamePad: X-Axis -
Left GamePad: X-Axis -
Right GamePad: Y-Axis +
Down GamePad: Y-Axis +

Where it should be:

Up GamePad: Y-Axis -
Left GamePad: X-Axis -
Right GamePad: X-Axis +
Down GamePad: Y-Axis +

Last edited:
OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Ok, analog works "perfectly" like before, yet, Link still moves on his own when the analog is not in use when you want him to stay there for a bit to look around.

Any suggestions?

And here is what I mean of me not controlling Link and he goes on his own:
The black arrow indicates where he goes. But, the slanting right means he turns around to face you and goes to the well.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
I think you'll have to recalibrate the stick ingame with Z + R + L . In the real N64 Game , he moves on his own , too when the stick is wrong calibrated (this could happen , if you press the stick while the game is starting........)

Last edited:
OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
This also happens on Bomberman64 and my other games with differen't systems. It isn't only Master Quest.

-Shadow-

Banned
EVERY game calibrates the stick on startup , and if you move the stick while it calibrates , the character WILL move sooner or later by his own . just try to recalibrate it with Z + R + L and the problem will be solved ( on a N64 :) )

Last edited:
OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Recalibrate the gamepad on the program or in the game itself?

Please explain thoroughly, there could be a couple of possibilities.

Its better now, but, Link does a "tiny" half circle, not even moving, and stops, he doesn't move anywhere unless I press a direction.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Yup , on a n64 game the stick gets calibrated on every startup to get the information where the "center" of the stick is . If you move the stick on startup the Game thinks this direction is the center of the stick and the character moves when you center the stick cuz he thinks this is a direction . I think the plugin sends some input informations on game startup , so just hold the Z + R + L buttons for a recalibration if your character moves . I sometimes got this problem on my ORIGINAL N64 , and it could be solved by Z + R + L everytime .

This is the long version of the ( possible ) solution....

Last edited: