What's new

Windows update screwed up controls?

gearhead

I've been using project 64 for the past year and it worked pretty much without a hitch. Recently though my windows updated and as a result there are 4 or 5 (F-Zero X, Extreme G 1 &2, a few others) games that scroll up through menus without me touching the joystick. The dead zones are all default and the games that are scrolling automatically all worked before without a problem. I know the Nintendo 64 used to have this problem when powering on, it was imperative that you not touch the control stick for a few seconds. Im using a wired xbox 360 controller and I also have a wirless reciever. As far as I can see the drivers are all current. Any ideas. Im hoping its not my system.

OP
G

gearhead

No, thats not it at all. There are some games now that for what ever reason rapid sroll up in the menus. F-Zero X, Extreme G 1 and 2 do it but in game they are ok. What I really don't understand is that these games worked perfectly fine, but now its extremely frusterating to select what modes you want to play. There is nothing to change in the game menus, the deadzones are at default 25% deadzone. Im using an Xbox 360 wired controller with the official drivers. All the other games work perfect, and I have a good amount of them. I really want to know if anyone else has had this problem before. I've tried erasing the rom from the rom list and reapplying it and deleting saves but its still the same for those games. I have a feeling reformatting is in my near future.