What's new

Windows builds ?

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Hey guys, Just wondering if Richard42 & co's Mupen64 builds will ever see a Windows release too?

You guys have made a lot of significant fixes to the emulator and us Windows users wouldn't complain at seeing them too :D

Either way thanks for all your hard work :)

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
This quote from Richard42 about sums it up:

Regarding the Windows port, it seems increasingly likely that we'll officially drop it. We've been working on this thing and moving it forward for the last 6 months, with testing and development only being done under Linux. The Win32 port is very broken now - Rice Video won't work for Win32, the GUI has totally changed and needs to be re-written, etc. I want to continue to focus on making this the best possible N64 emulator for Linux because it's the only one.

Unless a Win32 developer volunteers to refactor the Win32 GUI for the new architecture, fix all of the porting issues, and maintain the Win32 port going forward, then most likely Mupen64Plus will be unix-only.
I'd like to see a Windows port down the road, but I don't think any of the current devs are really geared up to work on it.

Last edited:

Richard42

Emulator Developer
the best n64 emu becomes linux-only?
nice, but i knew it...

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's only so much time in a day. You could always pop in an Ubuntu live CD. :)

The CEO of Microsoft once famously said, "Developers Developers Developers!" Where have they all gone now? I guess they're working on 1964, PJ64, etc.