What's new

Winamp 3 %$$" nice

DiaBlo666

winamp 3 is really nice but it take more ram dunno why 2.xx version is very small..
but i like this new version anyway.. their new skin engine is really cool.!

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yeah...the skin engine is way cool (download skin "zygote" ;) )...
But the difference between Winamp 2 and 3 in functional questions aren't too big...but the cpu- and RAM-usage is a big difference ;)

yogaman

Banned
I've always a strange problem with Winamp 2 ... it kinda freezes sometimes if I select "add - file" ... very strange. So I'll get winamp 3 ;)

OP
Teamz

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
DiaBlo666 said:
winamp 3 is really nice but it take more ram dunno why 2.xx version is very small..
but i like this new version anyway.. their new skin engine is really cool.!

it uses more ram because it now support videos so it has to use a little more ram :)

OP
Teamz

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
no I used media player for videos
nyway I didnt have any problems with Winamp3 yet it seems to be very stable and fast on my system

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
cooliscool said:
Ruesselschnurps said:
Is WinAmp 3.xx compatible with the 2.xx PlugIns?

nope. 3 sucks, stick with 2 :)

Ahem....it will support those plugins when the plugin wrapper come out. So it's not that bad. :)

I like it. It does take up more cpu and ram because of the new core it has. Just wait when everyong has very quick computers, WInamp3 will respond just like 2.8. I remember back in the day when I had winamp 1.x and that used a lot of my Cpu (I had a really cheezy cpu back then, p75 actually). Since 2.8 is based on the same core as 1.x (I think, anyways) it will be quicker on systems today. So I think the same thing will happen with Winamp3.

Eagle

aka Alshain
If WinAmp 3 is slow then go to the preferences, disable animated rectangles, disable Desktop Alpha Setting, disable Usage Reporting, disable music file lookups, and disable check for new versions at startup. That should speed things up a bit.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
That still didn't make it feel as responsive as winamp 2.8, and not only that, I can't for the life of me see how to change the plugins. Crossfaders have the absolute worst quality, and their mp3 input plugin doesn't even compare to the MAD plugin.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i think it doesn't use a plugin system, it uses a component system.. and they're looking for component authors...

`-Zolex-`

EmuHelp.com *****
Go SONIQUE!!!

Umm, dude... Sonique seriouslly does suck. Winamp wins over Sonique, but i am finding Winamp 3 Final to slower a bit, when im doing lots of operations, however when im not it runs pretty fast.
:pj64: