What's new

Will this be stupid or good? you tell me

Josep

eyerun4phun
oh, this has been out for a while;) in the gaming section of this forum, if my memory serves me correct.

Ah, who knows if it'll be good, i mean, it is square and they are awesome, i guess we'll see, can't wait till final fantasy XII!!:)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
yah.. we talked bout this bout a month or so ago..

but i have to say that the Square EU scene has gonne down considerably since the latest games.. everyone liked FF7.. but there's a big deal about wich games actually where really good after that.. everyone agrees on the FFX being the best after FF7 though it seems.. also that i know of.. we in EU allready have big chunks of FFX-2.. the thing with FFX is that it was changed alot (as allways) when it got out from japan.. and since it was.. the japanese now demand a second version with the same material we in EU and US got.. so it's a hotted up version of what we allready have seen.. i don't know exactly what the plan is with the game for us in EU/US.. but i guess if it actually get's a full release it'll include alot of reruns and some new parts.. but somehow i doubt it'll do FFX justice..

also the PC version of FF online is out in japan (well has been for over a month now i think).. ppl say it's really good.. and since both PS2 and PC players are on the same servers i've heard it's abit crowded.. now also there's some cheaters (PC-Users).. and so maybe they'll divide the PC and PS2 users.. into diferent servers.. i feel that would be nice..

Last edited:

blizz

christ people must have an allergy to posting in the correct forum :p

FFX was released in Japan as FFX-International Edition, which contained the US/EU modifications

after FF7, the FF games went progressively down hill IMO, but from what little of FFX I've played, since I got bored with the whole FF formula, I can tell it has nice CG work ;)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
blizz you sure bout that one?..

i know they had a first release of FFX.. and then a second rerelease with a bunch of extra material.. but then there was material in THAT extra material that wasn't released here.. so they where gonna make a FFX-2.. then i heard that it wasn't like that.. that FFX-2 was the continuation of FFX extra release in japan.. but ah well.. coz a month later i read.. "FFX-2 is said to be part of the US and European version with a new system....." something like that.. i read that in one of the many FF sites.. how acurate it is i dunno.. but if you ask me.. this whole darn untidy FFX this and that is kind of hard and complicated to keep up with :p..

or maybe i'm lost in rumor land?.. would be nice if someone could make the whole deal clearer coz it feels like i'm not really following..

then again.. FFX is just glitter.. and i'm not honestly interested in it or a second game eather.. so i guess.. *shrug* meh :)..

RatTrap

GODLIKE
eh... but.. but..

hmmmm.. have you played the jap FFX rerelease that includes the US/EU material++?..

blizz

nope, as I remember it though it wasn't as much new material but changes to the balance of gameplay and included the English voice track, and an extra which showed a CG video after the end of FFX, it's that video you may be thinking about

blizz

Re: What!!!!

David_Hayter said:
Whatcha talkin bout!!! FF8 or FF9 are way betta than FF7

:n64:

well they all had their good points

If you're talking about the battle system I'd argue FF8's was probably the most challenging with FF9 having the right balance for n00bs

They all suffer from the "Once you're all powered up you're unbeatable." flaw and the "Time to fight the last boss so you'd better level up!" problem, something Grandia/Grandia 2 never had

nothing has surpassed FF7 for the scope of the storyline, FF8 would have been on par given a rewrite to make the story more involving, and clearer, FF9 was just poorly done with the exception of Kuja

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hey.. back again.. took me some time to get settled in at home now :)..

anyways.. i would say that the diference between the FF games is that some are fairytales.. all cute and cuddly.. where you have the heroes.. and that's bout it.. coz the villans aren't grand or well thought out in any way..

then you have some that include some more interesting characters.. let's talk sephiroth :).. that guy wins in so many ways to so many end bosses/evil game guys.. they kind of tried with the other games.. and even in FFX they tried to beat sephiroths style and characteristics.. but sephiroth is still the unbeatable bad guy when it comes to FF games.. it's hard to argue with that since so many know who that guy is.. but they don't even know or remember the good guys name in that game.. it's kind of funny don't you think? (Cloud btw).. "the man in the flames".. or how ever they called him.. is one that is remembered by ppl more than the actual game.. wich is kind of funny.. don't you think?..

RatTrap

GODLIKE
zelda isn't even in the same class :p..

Zelda has allways been cathegorized as an Adventure game by nintendo.. then in game mags etc it's been put in with the RPG's.. i find that to be flawed.. coz Zelda is very un RPG like.. RPG's tend to have alot more Role Playing than Adventurous Story games where your skills with the control are what drive you forward..

in FF games it's not so much how fast you can push a button but it's more of an experiance / equipment type of game.. so you can't really compare the 2 at all..