What's new

Will these specs work? Please help

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
Inspiron 6000 Celeron® M Processor 350 (1.30GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)

Video Card Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics

Hard Drive 30GB Hard Drive

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

Combo/DVD+RW Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive

Wireless Networking Cards Dell® Wireless 1450 Internal Wireless

Battery 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)

OP
spork9

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
dog can you give me your screen name so we can start talking about the
project?

Do you have an email? I have a bunch of ideas and and brain storms and rom infos written up to show you.

Last edited:

dogdogwoof

Part-Time Coder/Sleeper
i dont give it out due to spam and stuff, if u want to talk more, please do it via PM. Hope you understand

Clements

The Intel graphics in that laptop are not good, so if it is possible to get a model with NVIDIA/ATi mobility cards that are at least better than a GeForce 2 then I'd suggest that. Rest of the spec will work fine.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
PJ64 or 1964, it makes no difference... the plugins control the video, sound and input.

The Mhz is fast enough for most things... but with intel extreme you might have trouble graphics wise. I hope it has enough ram >128

Last edited:

Clements

With Intel graphics, the problem comes when you want to try other graphics plugins. Forget OpenGL plugins right away (glN64(), TR64 OpenGL, Rice's OpenGL mode) due to very poor OpenGL support due to drivers. Jabo's works okay with some errors in simple games. Rice's works but has more errors than Jabo's with Intel graphics when using low end compatibility mode. Direct64 probably won't work even if the Media Accelerator supports PS2.0 on paper.

As soon as you have a semi-decent NVIDIA/ATi card, you can use all these plugins, so if a game fails with Jabo's there are alternatives to use.

OP
spork9

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
I mean couldi bay a card and put it in my lap top or get someone else to after its shipped?

Clements

To be honest, I have no idea, but someone else may be able say whether the integrated graphics is replacable in this particular laptop. Not all laptops are upgradable.

Glide64 uses the Glide API not OpenGL. You'd need the eVoodoo wrapper since Hacktarux's probably wouldn't work with Intel graphics either.

OP
spork9

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
wtf, why are you guys being so mean. I was asing clements for his opinion.