What's new

will there ever be a great n64 emu

Slougi

shadownova said:
Ive downloaded ever n64 emu out there and most dont work but the one that do have major bugs and only play some rom im wondering if there will every be one that runs all game like the system i mean they have ones for all other cartbass system emus
that run all roms why not n64?
their wil never be a great n64 eum cuz like its too difficult and the bugs are kinda hard to debutg n64 is a vry pweful sys 2 so its kinda hard like to make a great n64 emulatore no clue what im typng here plz use dots and commas and like make yr point slightly clearer and bye 1 of those things called brains they can help u a lot ya no

Slougi

I won't argue about that ;) Hehe, I was in London only a single time in my life :p And that was last year for two weeks, a class trip or whatever you call those over there....

nudetothis

Getting back to the original topic ... and I doubt anyone cares anymore .... I hope and do believe that eventually there will be an N64 emulator that is just as good at doing N64 as SNES9x or ZSNES is at SNES emulation. Which is to say, not perfect, but close enough. PJ64 is really close already. I am happy with it and very, very grateful to those who put their effort into it. Also, I hope Nemu 0.8, if released, is even better.

But I don't lay awake in bed all night fretting over when this day will come. I am able to enjoy N64 emulation simply and only because some very smart people were willing to share the fruits of their labors.

I'm not trying to kiss ass here ... I'm dead serious. I'm dead serious because I have a 9 year old kid (my stepson for 1 and a half years now) and it's wonderful he can play Pokemon Stadium 2, and Zelda:OoT.

I've already spent over $700 on the Gamecube and games for it. With Mario Sunshine, Metroid, Starfox, Zelda and other great games coming, my wallet is gonna stay thin. But that's ok. I'll keep buying games. But for me, there's nothing like old school. SNES is my console of choice.

Anyway, yes Virginia, there will probably be a relatively seamless N64 emulator someday. By then the current top shelf CPU's will be as useless for gaming as a 386 is today. So just enjoy what's been made available to you for FREE for christ's sake and don't look the gift horse in the mouth.