What's new

Will delete dummy file in .cdi speed up game in chankast?

mr_ding

I know most games have dummy file, usually about 200meg.

Will deleting them and re-doing .cdi speed up game in chankast significantly?

SeiferAlmasy

What software you use to remove dummy.dat? i tried a remounting ISO with WINISO... but game don't work

Ps: i tried mvsc2...

rcgamer

the old guy
you mount the drive then copy the files from the image to your selfboot data directory. then you go to the data folder and delete the dummy file. then use selfboot tutorial to rebuild and burn the image.

SeiferAlmasy

hmmm, exists other method?

i mounted the drive and use a Winiso to mount a ISO image, but, the ISO is don't bootable... exist a method for rebuild a ISO SelfBootable?

thanks

OP
M

mr_ding

I did the selfboot method to remove dummy file too. Tried it on Soul Calibur, DOA2LE, and several other games.....

ultima528

SeiferAlmasy said:
i mounted the drive and use a Winiso to mount a ISO image, but, the ISO is don't bootable... exist a method for rebuild a ISO SelfBootable?
Of course making an ISO isn't going to work, it doesn't contain the extra data tracks that the CDI images do, so it won't work.

But anyway, I think I read somewhere that the dummy files are only needed because CDs/GD-ROMs read faster from the outside than the inside, so the dummy file is used to push the real data to the outer edge of the CD/GD-ROM to speed up the reading of the data for the REAL DREAMCAST. It should not have any effect on Chankast.

SeiferAlmasy

Ok, ok... but, DiscJuggler don't unique burner program capable to create a DC Discs Bootable...

the question is: WHAT I REMOVE dummy.dat and rebuild the ISO Bootable? :p/

PS: But, this CD i own create, runs in dreamcast with a UTOPIA boot disc...

Freesnake

directly delete the dummy file would be OK.then rebuild the image to be a .cdi file in the normal way in the sticky threads.need to discuss noting.

SeiferAlmasy

Rebuild it in DiscJuggler?

OMG!!! - You this certainty, I had not thought about this... :blush: I thought that he would not function