What's new

wiggle stick input driver problems

jacob25

I got me a mayflash N64 usb adapter and use it for P64. I've downloaded every single Input driver I could find on the web (~15) and the problem I'm getting with Turok:2 and Turok: Rage wars is that the wiggle stick configuration is shoddy at best in all of the drivers.

What I mean is, left and right and up and down can be configured properly, but when I mix the two, i.e. looking up-right or looking down-left, the controls become bogged down and slow. And if there's an input requirement of down and left at the same time, P64 will NOT recognize it. (i.e. when you use the weapon wheel in turok, there are 8 weapons to choose from, I can only choose the ones in the 4 cardinal directions, not the ones that require diagonal movement.)

This is really gay because Turok is pretty much the only reason I downloaded the emulator.

However, there are two drivers that work, Def's and DarkMan's. They work PERFECTLY with the wiggle stick, and even let me select those 4 non-cardinal weapons to boot. Problem is they don't support controller pak's as far as I can tell. Is there any way to trick my game into accepting controller pak's, cause i've gone so far as to want to simply mod darkman's to accept controller memory pak function...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use N-Rage Input plugin (no, plugins are not drivers per se). If it doesn't recognize the controller's axes/buttons/lint/whathaveyou, then chuck that adapter out the window.

P.S. Wiggle stick? Seriously?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
n64adaptercontrollertopcusbconverter2portsmayflash.jpg

Just looking at the N64 Controller Adapter I can't help but wonder if you are using a 3rd party N64 Controller rather then the original? That is what might be causing the issue with your 'Analog Stick'

Description:

Connect your Nintendo 64 joypads to your PC USB port. All buttons are supported, perfect for any emulation program but also works with any modern PC game. It allows you to play all PC games designed to be played with joysticks. Really plug and play, it makes your PC a real gaming platform.

Please Note: Please use original controllers along with this adapter. Third party controllers may not work properly with this adapter.

By The Way

wpbb29c0a4.png

This is a 'Wiggle Stick' and i strongly advise against using it for playing Turok on Project64 :unsure:

OP
J

jacob25

well it's got ingraived to nintendo at the top and it's in one of the original nintendo colors (green) it also is engrived nus-005 and i looked it up what this engraiveing meant and it means its official n64 controller.

also no matter what i did with that nrage plugin i couldn't get the analog stick to feel natural. yes, it would move, but the omvement speed was A LOT slower for diagonal movements than it was for left/right/up/down..and as i said i couldn't pick the diagonal weapons.

what usb-n64 controller adapters are better? i know there's a really good one that's extinct except for $80 on ebay but im not about to pay that much for a damn adapter..and i love the n64 controller so i dont want to get some stupid knockoff