What's new

Why!!!!!!!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
PainoMan said:
Can somebody post some before and after comparison screenshots? I've played with the filtering and anitaliasing both on and off, and I'm not sure if anything is changing. I have to change the settings for my GF 4 Go in the Display Properties as well as within PJ64, so by the time I make all the changes, I've forgotten what the last screen looked like. Some side-by-side comparisons would definitely help!

Tanx!

i really think you should do this for yourself

PainoMan

I R, R U?
Ah... what I was getting at is that I didn't know exactly what areas of the graphics these settings affected. Thanks for your help. Really.

I think I got it now. Well sort of. I can see the effects of the anti-aliasing, but I still don't know what the anisotropic filtering does.

With my GeForce 4 Go, I have to manually turn the anti-aliasing on the nVidia display properties tab. The settings within the plugin mean nothing to my card.

jollyrancher

With my GeForce 4 Go, I have to manually turn the anti-aliasing on the nVidia display properties tab. The settings within the plugin mean nothing to my card.

The antialiasing is a known issue... has to do with nvidia and DX6. Antisotropic makes a big difference with the grass textures on platformers. Load up Zelda OOT and look at the distant textures and you'll see a big improvement.

brightman

Goober
decription said:
There are a couple types of geforce 4 cards. The mx and then 3 types of ti. The mx are the worse and mainly have their selling point as be a geforce 4.

The MX isn't even a real GeForce 4, its more of an update for GF2 MX (which isn't that good as well).

jollyrancher

Hey, take it easy! We don't need to be insulting anyone's top of the line laptop video cards... just be happy that you can run something on a laptop without frying it like I did.

whatboy

Doomulation said:
Afaik, jabo's only supporty up to 8x. At least that is the max to chose in the settings.

My goes up to 8x :inlove:

So... mine goes up to 16... does that means Jabo doesn't support it???

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 plugin supports 16x anisotropic on my ATI Radeon 8500.

jabo_d3d.png

Check out that resolution! I get a constant 60 VI/s with almost all games at that!

BTW, PNGs rule! Why aren't they recognized as images here? :cry:

Laahel

hallow...

me doesn't have all your problems with the anisotroping filtering, with my great voodoo 3 3000 ;p

( no, just don't kill meee, noooooooooo ;p )

petronius79

I had previously a VIA integrated videocard with 8 MB of system memory. So by upgrading to Geforce4 MX420 (PCI card unfortunately because there is no AGP slot) I saw a noticable improvement in speed and quality that even surpasses that of Nintendo 64 so why bother for more. Plus that the NVIDIA filtering works in MAME games and the Killer Instinct emulator.
For emulation this card is fine.
Now if you want to play the latest PC games I dont bother much since the game developers abandoned MS-DOS support for their games

RJA

The PC Wiz
Re:

:devil:

Jorge did *not* do anything illegal.

He did not ask for ROMs and/or pirated software on the
message board.

!I'am critisizing for people getting banned when they did
not ask for ROMs and/or pirated software!

RJA

The PC Wiz
Re:

:devil:

Jorge did *not* do anything illegal.

He did not ask for ROMs and/or pirated software on the
message board.

!I'am critisizing for people getting banned when they did
not ask for ROMs and/or pirated software!

...But yes, I have been noticing flaming often,
especially about the video cards.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
er he made a thread (which i quickly deleted) called "come and get roms here" or something similar with links to his rom site or something similar... if that's not unacceptable i don't know what is.