What's new

Why not making Nemu64 open source?

conkerman

conkerman
i think lac or lemmy said that the source was really old and some stuff was unfinished and was messy or something.. it might be on nemu.com or in previous posts.. but i think that that's the reason
conkerman

OP
K

king_hiss

I understand they don't want to release it if it is messy, but it would still be a great contribution to the users of this emulator. It doesn't all have to end you know... I hope some of the authors would answer me.

conkerman

conkerman
because nemu .7a is what a lot of people used for a while (correct me if i'm wrong, i used it for a while) because it was the best emu in its time imho, and i didnt want to mess around with glide wrappers for uhle (didnt have voodooo) and the instability of uhle.. but it played a lot of games, and it was really great.. and it's quite old so it wouldnt really matter now if its source was released... maybe apexad had some other reasons too.. dunno
conkerman

LaC

king_hiss said:
Why not releasing the Nemu64 under GPL so that other people can continue the work?

There isn't much in nemu08 that is not already in 1964, PJ64, Daedalus, UltraHLE, etc... so why make it open source? Also no one said nemu081 was never going to be released. ;)
Its not dead.
Yet.

Raziel

meh ?
Re: Re: Why not making Nemu64 open source?

LaC said:
There isn't much in nemu08 that is not already in 1964, PJ64, Daedalus, UltraHLE, etc... so why make it open source? Also no one said nemu081 was never going to be released. ;)
Its not dead.
Yet.
/me drools ! o_O

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Re: Re: Why not making Nemu64 open source?

LaC said:
Its not dead.
Yet.

oh boy.... you know people are going to hold you to that :nemu: :)