What's new

why it is so complicated??

HI! I have downloaded PJ64 yesterday and I'm already discouraged... I try to make the game go perfect ut it doesn't work. I don't know if it is because I don't own the good plugins or somethin like this. and please excuse me for my english!!). Sometimes games slows down or graphics are messed up. I have a powerful computer and I don't think it's the problem. You must read this kind of thread very frequently, but can someone tells me what would be the best plugins to used (video) and how to configure it properly (especially for the Zelda Games!!) with my specs below!!
Thank you VERY VERY much!!

PENTIUM 4 2.6 GHZ
512 Mo Ram
Windows XP Pro
Geforce 5600
Working with Project 64 v1.5

Gorxon

Administrator
What a humble and nice post...rare to see those these days :)

My experience with PJ64 has been greatly reduced over the year(s), as I haven't used it in a long time. However, Jabo's video plugins should play the Zelda games perfect as far as I can recall. You might want to be more game specific in description regarding the slowdowns, since some games are very tough to emulate and require much CPU resources.

Another thing that would help is if you could describe the spots in the games, and of course which games, that the graphic messup occour. A screenshot will certainly be handy too.

And last, but not least, you should try the search function on this board. You might find a lot of posts dealing with this subject...
At least your computer is way more than good enough to run PJ64 good.

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
Well... I know this is frequent, but as seen in the screenshot, the image is scrambled... I know this is beacause of the framebuffer... I use gln64 as a plugin, but others plugins (that might work better) doesn't hgave this option or even checked, doesn't change anything. Slowdowns often occurs in Perfect Dark. I'm new and all those words (framebuffer, alpha-blending...), i don't understand anything. I'm doing thing without knowing why and sometimes it works, sometimes's not. Well... Here's the screenshot.
Thanks a lot!!

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
To explain a little bit more, some games have small lines scattered around the screen. i.e. OgreBattle 64. Moreover, in Zelda OoT, the sky is "blocky" and 2D objects are ugly. Help, please?

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
As I see, no one seems to respond... Well, what do you tink is the best for Zelda Games? Jabo? Wich one? And for OgreBattle 64??

Clements

Are you using Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 or 1.5?

Jabo's D3D7 1.40 doesn't do this effect.

If you are using v1.5, turn on 'Self-Rendered Textures'. If still not working, try to not use Forceware drivers. Still no go? Use glN64() instead.

Gorxon

Administrator
Clements said:
Are you using Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 or 1.5?

Jabo's D3D7 1.40 doesn't do this effect.

If you are using v1.5, turn on 'Self-Rendered Textures'. If still not working, try to not use Forceware drivers. Still no go? Use glN64() instead.

He is already using glN64() (check 3rd post) :)

tidanone: I am sorry, but I haven't got enough knowlegde about this to help you. Hopefully someone else here has, just give them some time :cool:

-Shadow-

Banned
I've got that problem , too . BUT it works sometimes.....
Try using 1964 + gln64() there the effect is working permanently ;)

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
I'm using Jabo's D3D6 1.5. Should I used 1.5.1? And I v1.4 doesn't cause that problem, is it best to use it?
Thanks for all the answers.

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
Is Jabo's Direct 3D6 v1.5.1 out? I can't find it anywhere? And I have not a 3dfx card. Will it work anyway?

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
Thanks Martin... I have to admit, Jabo's works just well, but the problem on the screenshot still there. And I'm not sure how to use Jabo's one. Here's what I mean: At the beginning of Zelda games, you see the N logo and NINTENDO written. There's some kind of effect on these, like if there were light on em. It's only visible with glN64 (that I like). Why? And will glN64 will have an update soon? Cause it have some minors problems...

revl8er

That Damn Good
Download the 1964 emulator, and use glN64 and it should work fine. You can find the emulator in the downloads section I believe, but if you cant then just go the the 1964 website, sorry I don't know if right off the top of my head, maybe someone can post it for you if you can't find it.

jdsony

tidanone said:
What is the 1964 + glN64() trick you told before??

There is another N64 emulator called 1964 which you could use with the glN64 plugin. The newest 1964 version 0.9.9 was just release January 1, 2004 and it runs a lot of games quite well and fast too. You may have more luck with it. It also comes with some other plugins such as Rice's which you could also try out.

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
Thanks... But playing with 1964, when I start Zelda Majora's Mask, as soon as I can control Link, I die (??) and my inventory is infested by Ocarinas. And I can't use my sword cause I don't have it anymore!! Kinda odd!! And by the way, I can't load states from Project 64 or any other format cause it freezes. Only the quickstates are working.

OP
T

tidanone

Hero
Yes!! 3 Ocarinas are already set on the C buttons... It is not the rom because on PJ64 it works well... Here's some screenshot! (I'll try to make them smaller this time...)

1. Ocarinas!!!
2. Dying here is strange...