What's new

why is my voodo 3 pci, faster than my geforce4 agp?

3dfxer

i have all the latest drivers and winxpro.with 130sdram in winxpro.and a pentium2 at 450mhz.along with the apg2.1 pro slot.but still my voodo is faster than my geforce4 agp !! why ???:pj64: :plain2:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Welcom back, cold1. Nice to have you back.:plain2:

You see, i have a lame mofo detector, and by pure coincedence it was set to ON when i read this post.

Answer to your question: Did you even uninstall all the drivers before putting in your gf4 mx? Simply swapping the card without removing the drivers is completely retarted (i can't say i blame you though).

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
3dfxer said:
i thought that the geforce4 apg is faster than a voodo3pci

i thought you'd read my post on what might be your problem. some people just don't get the fuckin clue.:sleepy:

OP

3dfxer

right now i have no 3dfx drivers installed! and the up to sate winxpro nvidia geforce4 drivers.but still is slower than my voodo3pci. which runs at 166mhz.

M

mann

lol... how bout a nice refreshing format that fixes almost everything

OP

3dfxer

with my small hd and with all my saves in games like zelda o of ages!

that would = nightmare...

M

mann

burn em...or put them on a temporary geocities web page and redownload them when your done...or send em to a friend and tell em to send em back when your done...tons of ways

crhylove

Banned
or, just upgrade your whole computer, put he voodoo back in the old one, put the geforce in the new one, buy a $50 ethernet router, and then you can have a sweet little quake 2 lan. like me. :)

rhy