What's new

why is it so slow!!!!

johnny_g0

i really dont understand this? i have a pj64k emulator and it play at the highest of 50 fps. the other emulator that is nemu64 goes at 60 fps. i tried every thing to make it go faster. I made the screen smaller, i messed with all the video config and still nothing. Any solution???

Lex

johnny_g0 said:
i really dont understand this? i have a pj64k emulator and it play at the highest of 50 fps. the other emulator that is nemu64 goes at 60 fps. i tried every thing to make it go faster. I made the screen smaller, i messed with all the video config and still nothing. Any solution???

50 and 60 fps is the difference between pal and ntsc, so one of the emu's doesn't sets it right.
With pj64 you can disable the fps limiter with F4, that will speed things up.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
well, limiter wont help at all, its already at 50, which... ug, well, it wont help, esp. in pj64k, where you cant do it anyway! The only thing i do to increase speed is something that is looked upon as taboo to some of the emulation world. I go to the Task Manager, and set the priority of pj64k to High. Do this, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then go to Processes, then right click Project64k. Full screen also speeds things up, but i don't believe you can do full in kaillera.

Lex

Jimbot said:
well, limiter wont help at all, its already at 50, which... ug, well, it wont help,
I meant turning the limiter off, that will inrease the speed

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Jimbot said:
well, limiter wont help at all, its already at 50, which... ug, well, it wont help, esp. in pj64k, where you cant do it anyway! The only thing i do to increase speed is something that is looked upon as taboo to some of the emulation world. I go to the Task Manager, and set the priority of pj64k to High. Do this, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then go to Processes, then right click Project64k. Full screen also speeds things up, but i don't believe you can do full in kaillera.

why's it taboo? just wondering

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Well, if its already at 50, it can't get any faster just by not limiting it, can it?

some people don't like it, b/c they think it messes up theyre computers, and i like to use strange words

bigguy

entirely diff problem

Jeez man... not only is mine slow, butall of my games are jarbled together, I can fix that by switching video modes, but then it gets even slower.... like as in L.O.Z.O.O.T, the horse galloping in the first bit should be going at a moderate pace right? Mine you get one clomp every second.... bah!!! How do I fix this?

scotty

The Great One
Project 64 only uses a re-complier. If you have problems with speed on some games, then use 1964, Nemu64, or TR64, due to the use of the Dynamic Recompiler.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
scotty said:
Project 64 only uses a re-complier. If you have problems with speed on some games, then use 1964, Nemu64, or TR64, due to the use of the Dynamic Recompiler.

eh.. it's all semantics.. recomp, dynarec, dyna compiler, dynamic recompiler, compiler, block compiler, all talking about the same idea... contrast with static recompiler (just corn) or interpreter (option in most emus i think).

bigguy

ummmm....

I'm really new to the whole emu thing. I just thought that doing the n64 thing was the way to go. I'm not sure if it's my system itself that's slow but I know that my games run slow. CD games such as WCIII are fine, and they run well, but my Nemu64 and Project 64 don't seem to work all that fast. If they work fast, then the graphics are crap... if the graphics are good, then the speed is crap... it's an infinite loop. Is there any sure fire way to get the project 64 to get my games to work? I need a giant hand here.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Well for one, more memory might help, at todays standards, 128megs is not a lot, 2, it all basically depends on your video card, at the moment, you can get some good cards at a low price at www.pricewatch.com 2 that sping to mind are the ATI 9200 128meg for 77 bucks, theres also the GeForce 4 Ti4200 for a little over 100 bucks.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
run (with the run command) ' dxdiag ' and see what comes up. That way you can fill in the blank spots for what you don't know

Re: ummmm....

bigguy said:
I'm really new to the whole emu thing. I just thought that doing the n64 thing was the way to go. I'm not sure if it's my system itself that's slow but I know that my games run slow. CD games such as WCIII are fine, and they run well, but my Nemu64 and Project 64 don't seem to work all that fast. If they work fast, then the graphics are crap... if the graphics are good, then the speed is crap... it's an infinite loop. Is there any sure fire way to get the project 64 to get my games to work? I need a giant hand here.

OK, I just did a google search for what you list as your CPU (it's a notebook, right?), this is what I found out for you:

CPU: PIII 850 MHz, FSB (front side bus) 100 MHz
System RAM: 128 MB of RAM (you know that), max 512
Video: 2X AGP, 8MB of video RAM
Max res: 1024x768