What's new

Why don't any emulators even try to run Naboo yet!?

Viper187666

This is ridiculous. All these years and people either abandon the incomplete emulators or keep updating them with very little to show for it. What is so different about Naboo that nothing can run it, and why doesn't anyone seem to care enough to fix it? :(

And don't mention PJ64 1.7. I'll be surprised if it ever sees release at this rate, much less supports Naboo.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
So, you're judging emulators because they can't run one friggin game? How immature is that, they spend all that free time to give you AND everyone else something they can use and all they get is dorks like you whining?

What's ridiculous is that you seem ungrateful and unable to comprehend the difficulty in creating an emulator package such as PJ64 1.7, which has already seen significant gains especially in the last few days.

I hope they keep Naboo broken if this is the mentality of those who want to play it so badly. Ungrateful prick.

Iconoclast

Battle for Naboo is probably the last N64 game to ever be playable. I just spent the last hour on configuring variuos combinations of core and plugin options in LLE graphics mode.

It's an RSP issue this time, which means to use a third-party RSP plugin to try to debug it, LLE graphics mode, if possible, may need to be seperated from linking to the RSP plugin to become independent.

mudlord

Banned
What is so different about Naboo that nothing can run it

Because it uses a super-complex graphics driver system, which uses a terrain generator to generate the terrain from heightmaps. (Lemmy did a discussion a while back on Rogue Squadron, which uses a similar system). And since this microcode isnt deciphered yet, its not HLE emulated.

It's an RSP issue this time, which means to use a third-party RSP plugin to try to debug it, LLE graphics mode, if possible, may need to be seperated from linking to the RSP plugin to become independent.

You might wanna let zilmar know of this, maybe he and Jabo can do something to fix these issues :).

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
I guess the same can be said for other N64 games unsupported by N64 gfx plugins. I for one continue to wait for Toukon Road 2 support. I'd love to have a crack at Rice's Linux code, but well, I may as well be biting more than I can chew.

mudlord

Banned
I guess the same can be said for other N64 games unsupported by N64 gfx plugins.

Yes, correct, most N64 video games unsupported by video plugins are due to unemulated graphics microcodes through HLE.

zaba_3

So, you're judging emulators because they can't run one friggin game? How immature is that, they spend all that free time to give you AND everyone else something they can use and all they get is dorks like you whining?

What's ridiculous is that you seem ungrateful and unable to comprehend the difficulty in creating an emulator package such as PJ64 1.7, which has already seen significant gains especially in the last few days.

I hope they keep Naboo broken if this is the mentality of those who want to play it so badly. Ungrateful prick.

Um maybe he is just surprised that all these years of n64 emulation there is one game which is broken.

Overreact little?

OP
V

Viper187666

Yes, correct, most N64 video games unsupported by video plugins are due to unemulated graphics microcodes through HLE.

There's the problem right there. HLE is an outdated concept that needs to die. It may have been good back when all we had was 500mhz processors, but now it's just garbage. Somone needs to write a proper emulator for this system, and not abandon the damn thing before all the games are playable.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There's the problem right there. HLE is an outdated concept that needs to die. It may have been good back when all we had was 500mhz processors, but now it's just garbage. Somone needs to write a proper emulator for this system, and not abandon the damn thing before all the games are playable.

HLE is very important. LLE graphics still crawl on anything but the latest of the latest.
HLE is not outdated - it is a very good concept to speed up emulation of something by a lot, with still good results.
If HLE dies, then we'll not see an emulator for newer systems like PS2 or GC in many, many, many years to come.

Toasty

Sony battery
Viper187666, if you're so convinced that all of these people who spent years developing this free software for you are idiots who could learn a thing or two from you about how to write emulators, why don't you try your hand at writing an N64 emulator and see how far you get?

OP
V

Viper187666

Viper187666, if you're so convinced that all of these people who spent years developing this free software for you are idiots who could learn a thing or two from you about how to write emulators, why don't you try your hand at writing an N64 emulator and see how far you get?

Why doesn't anyone finish what they start? And I don't mean 10 years later.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Maybe because it's free, and sometimes they lose interest or simply other unpredictable things happen? They're not paid!

Miretank

Lurking
People are funny. They complain for something they don't even pay for. And if you're really bothered with unfinished things, start yourself a N64 emulator able to run that fucking game.

decription

Viper please, understand at least what makes Naboo so difficult at least. I think Wikipedia had a nice section explaining the different microcodes and why things like that and World Driver Championship are so different and thus difficult to emulate. Besides

If this is just a question of being cheap and wanting free games [which it sure seems like] just buy and N64 and Naboo you can probably have both for very little. Besides, the current emulation projects you are quick to dismiss have hundreds of hours and hard work in them.

Also you said, "Why doesn't anyone finish what they start? And I don't mean 10 years later." It comes down to the fact that it is a hobby. People eventually lose interest and motivation. Also people whining and not appreciating their hard work may have something to do with it...

On the subject of HLE is a brilliant concept that allows some otherwise impossible things. If you're are interesting in a more exact emulation I'd suggest looking at bsnes.

OP
V

Viper187666

If this is just a question of being cheap and wanting free games [which it sure seems like] just buy and N64 and Naboo you can probably have both for very little. Besides, the current emulation projects you are quick to dismiss have hundreds of hours and hard work in them.

It's an issue of being able to use and hack codes for it. The Gameshark barely boots the damn thing on the console, its so buggy. Not to mention GS Pros are tough to come by and fry easily. I've been hacking codes since 1999, and being limited by buggy hardware and lazy emulator/plugin authors pisses me off.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yes, you pay those lazy programmers so much and yet they return so little. Why don't you just fire them? That'll teach them to get in the way of your cheating.

zaba_3

OMG how someone can be so ignorant?

Even though I cant play one damn game I just wonder everyday,how some people can be so skilled to code emulators!
You should just give respect for their work and stop being rat

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's an issue of being able to use and hack codes for it.
I don't care.

The Gameshark barely boots the damn thing on the console, its so buggy.
I don't care.

Not to mention GS Pros are tough to come by and fry easily.
I don't care.

I've been hacking codes since 1999
I don't care.

being limited by buggy hardware and lazy emulator/plugin authors pisses me off.
I don't care.

PS: The emulator/plugin authors don't care either.