What's new

Whoa, Chrono Trigger remake!?

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I guess a group of people think that they can remake Chrono Trigger. It's supposedly going to be on the PC then sent to developers for the XBox and GCN. *shrug* Seems a little too ambitious to me but what do I know? Here is a link to the site and one of the in game screens. Think it'll ever fly? I mean, look at the guy who was going to remake Ocarina of Time with Link to the Past graphics.
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

-Shadow-

Banned
Wow , nice shots ! ^_^

Hmm... The drawing style and character design (esp. the artworks) are reminding me to Dragonball Z :rolleyes:

blizz

H3ad5h0tter said:
Wow , nice shots ! ^_^

Hmm... The drawing style and character design (esp. the artworks) are reminding me to Dragonball Z :rolleyes:

it's the same artist.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! so great game..... so great ressurrection!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks GogoTheMimic..... site bookmarked.........

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
blizz said:
it's the same artist.

I think that's why he had the rolled eyes emote. ;) I wonder what Square Enix is going to do once they catch wind of this, sounds like these guys are planning on being at E3.

Stezo2k

S-2K
was just about to post the same thing :) oh well cheers for the heads up anyway mate

looks well promising, i love chrono trigger :D

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
GogoTheMimic said:
I guess a group of people think that they can remake Chrono Trigger. It's supposedly going to be on the PC then sent to developers for the XBox and GCN. *shrug* Seems a little too ambitious to me but what do I know? Here is a link to the site and one of the in game screens. Think it'll ever fly? I mean, look at the guy who was going to remake Ocarina of Time with Link to the Past graphics.
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

lol They are not remaking Chrono Trigger, it is going to be a 10 Scene PC Demo that re creates what they feel are the best 10 scenes from the original SNES game that will be released to the public for around Christmas 2004

Talas

Son of the Sky
Gent said:
lol They are not remaking Chrono Trigger, it is going to be a 10 Scene PC Demo that re creates what they feel are the best 10 scenes from the original SNES game that will be released to the public for around Christmas 2004

Where did you read that? On the site?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
It's explained on the site forums, in the rules and faq thread. Check question 2:

That faq said:
Q2. Will you be making the entire game? If not, why not?

A2. No, currently we are only planning 10 of some of the best scenes from Chrono Trigger. Why not? Because we do not have the resources to complete a game of this magnitude by ourselves. The project would never be completed.

jessman1988

Banned
yeah, this is pretty neat, but this is old news. I KNOW that I'm gonna get flamed, but this has been around for years and I thought that everyone already knew about it.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Well, I remember there was an old one, but it looks nothing like this. The old one is specifically for the n64, I believe.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
cool, but the style is not there. The resurrection one, however, seems to have it just right.

never knew about that one though, thanks for linky.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I can't get into the site, but I wish they would remake the whole game. Chrono Trigger was the first rpg I actually played through and finished and it's still one of my favorites.