What's new

Who nailed Duke's shoes to the ground?

straight

When I try Duke Nukem in 1964 with the Glide plugin, it boots up OK and the graphics look fine (except for the depth problem). But when I get to the opening screen on the rooftop, Duke will fire his gun, jump, switch weapons, and look around, but he won't move! When I push the movement keys, he either doesn't move at all or just barely inches (pixels, I should say) in some random direction (literally like maybe 1 pixel every few seconds).

It's running at 90+% and 30+FPS on a Celeron500, Voodoo3, and 256MB RAM. Using Azimer's audio plugins.

OP
straight

straight

I've tried N-Rage's Direct Input8 V2 1.81a (my usual one, that works with everything else).

Also Darkman Direct Input8 1.2, using his Duke64 setup.

Same results both times - Duke can look around and jump at normal speed, but has cement overshoes when you try to walk anywhere.

OP
straight

straight

supergamer said:
Use Jabo's DirectInput 7 (any version)

Alas, I tried that too. Same problem. The game seems to be running fine, and Duke looks around and jumps and shoots at normal speed, but he won't move.

I also tried meddling with the in-game control setup, but no matter how I set it, he only looks around but won't go anywhere.

oDD

/me odd
LOL. I think your problem is that your not pressing the c-up,c-down,c-left and c-right buttons :p In Duke3D they are used to move forward, back and strafe left and right (like turok) :p

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
nah, I think he tried those, because I have exactly the same problem. When I use the c-pad, he moves really really slow....

Works fine in pj64 though....