What's new

white screen crash in various games for p64 1.6.... and help would be great

badasssuperbeas

I'm having trouble running, a couple of games on the p64. I'm a new user of it after a couple of years of down time and wondering if this is kinda crash is just my pc or just p64 doesn't like me at all. My pc is a win7 model with these stats.... nvidia geForce 8800m GTS (graphics with 512mb onbored) 4gb of ram with a intel core 2 duo processor.

I have all the update for my pc, Like I do say I am very new to this so It could be me being a dummy and not realzied that I'm doing something wrong, Or haven't done something. I'v have all the orginal setting on the p64 and again I would very much like some help on this matter.

Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you using the default plugins? Are you using the latest driver for your GeForce card?

OP
B

badasssuperbeas

I have only the default plugins that come with the download of the p64 1.6 I do have the most current updates for my card

Last edited:
OP
B

badasssuperbeas

the game are paper mario and loz-oot so far and its at certain parts of these games. I can go into futher detail if you would like of where I'm crashing at into the game as well

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Did you check your roms with goodtools or no-intro dats? Probably it's the rom, that is bad, not your system or PJ64.

Agozer

Ocarina of Time should work just fine, but Paper Mario won't work properly with the default graphics plugin even if you got it to work. You need to use Glide64 for that.

Yes, make sure that your ROMs are actually good. Does the ROM Browser list your available ROMs are Compatible?

OP
B

badasssuperbeas

yes paper mario says something about a third party, might help with flickering but this isn't a flicker its a white screen crash it give me a bunch of error codes and can't run anything untill I reload the emu file up again. Its was on certain parts of the games that i was wondering why it didn't that the flicking didn't bother me really, just the white screen crash.

MegamanX20100

If Paper Mario doesn't work, it might not be Project 64...

Ocarina of Time should work just fine, but Paper Mario won't work properly with the default graphics plugin even if you got it to work. You need to use Glide64 for that.

I'm sorry for interrupting that, but I remember having played Paper Mario to the very end without any sort of improper gaming throughout. I know I may be just an inexperienced member right now, I have done that game on Project 64. And yes, I kept the default plug-ins.

Agozer

Did you use 1.6 or 1.7? Paper Mario has had the flickering problem with the default plugins under 1.6 for a very long time, and this particular problem has been addressed in the GameFAQ as well.

I can think of only a few reasons as to why Paper Mario seemingly works just fine on your system:

1. You are/were using Project64 1.7 and its default plugins.
2. You are/were using Project64 1.6, but not the default plugins (i.e. not Jabo's Direct3D8)
3. Your computer is possessed.

Last edited:

MegamanX20100

Ummmmm...

I can think of only a few reasons as to why Paper Mario seemingly works just fine on your system:

1. You are/were using Project64 1.7 and its default plugins.
2. You are/were using Project64 1.6, but not the default plugins (i.e. not Jabo's Direct3D8)
3. Your computer is possessed.

I have a feeling it's possessed. :rolleyes: This happened about two years ago, so unless Project 64 V1.7 was out by then (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't), then I was (obviously) using 1.6. My only explanation would be that the download site had custom plugins to help with games like that. I've tried using plugins and I created an epic fail trying to get it to work. If there's one thing I'm bad at, it would be messing around with emulators. :icecream: