Khyron2k

Okay, here's my current system setup :

AMD Athlon XP 2100+
512 MB PC333 DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
SB Audigy X-Gamer
Tons of free HDD space (60+ gigs free).

My problem is this :

Many games have severe graphical glitches or slowdowns. IE : Conkers Bad Fur day runs fine, except whenever it has to go to a special graphical effect (IE : The 'drunk' effect after he wakes up in the beginning), the screen goes black. For the most part, not a big deal, but annoying.

Another couple examples : Paper Mario experiences huge slowdowns and tons of graphical glitches. Such as when the screen fades dark when the stars circle Mario, it slows to a crawl, and several times I have seen the screen dissolve into a pixxelated mess.

With Star Fox 64, when it goes to the screen to choose which level to move on to next, it slows to a literal crawl, with the sound stuttering horribly.

Overall I'm pleased with the performance of Project 64, but I'm wondering... how can I increase it? I have a fast PC, I have tons of room, what plugins can I use to improve my performance?

Which would be best for use with my video card?

Also, I have a full 5.1 surround sound setup right now, yet I still only get stereo sound. Is there a plugin I can use to get full surround sound on games that support it?

Thanks!

scotty

The Great One
Your computer is fine

The Emulator is just messed up with those games, they are common bugs.

For Plugins: Using Project 64, you should use Jabo's plugins, as they are default.

You have the best Graphics card for N64 emulation right now, so its not your card.

I recommend trying 1964, Ultra 2064, or Nemu64 if you have bugs with PJ64, usually 1964 works best.

1964 should be releasing Version 0.9.9 soon, it is just a matter of the last bit of testing that is going on.

OP
K

Khyron2k

I tried Nemu64, however it wouldn't even load the Conkers Bad Fur Day ROM I'm using. 1964 I haven't heard of, but then Zophar's is currently bugged (Going into the N64 emulation section takes you to the Unix Emulation, and I'm running Windows) so I don't know what's up there rigth now.

Trotterwatch

but then Zophar's is currently bugged (Going into the N64 emulation section takes you to the Unix Emulation, and I'm running Windows) so I don't know what's up there rigth now.

1964 is an excellent emulator, just ensure you use the same plugins as you use for PJ64. As for the downloads;

[begin plug] Just use Emutalks download archive, pretty much the biggest archive of N64 emulators and plugins on the net [/end plug]

scotty

The Great One
Trotterwatch said:
1964 is an excellent emulator, just ensure you use the same plugins as you use for PJ64. As for the downloads;

[begin plug] Just use Emutalks download archive, pretty much the biggest archive of N64 emulators and plugins on the net [/end plug]

Jabo's Direct Sound doesnt work on 1964, use Azimers audio plugin .4 beta 2(in downloads section), or .55.1 alpha (find it by downloading audiofix2)