What's new

Which Plugins should I use?

RyzE

Which Plugins should I use? (e.g Banjo-Tooie)

Hi guys... I just Downloaded Project 1.5 Final. Now I'm wondering which are the best plugins for playing Banjo-Tooie. I have only tested it with Jabo's and It seems to work fine. But are there any better plugins out there? if so which ones would you guys recommend? I mean any plugin now Graphics, Sounds and the rest =).

My specs are:
AMD XP 2000+
Geforce 4 Ti4200 128 MB
512 DDR Memory
Anything else thats important?

Last edited:
I haven't played Banjo-Tooie yet... So this is what I use most of the time ;)

I use Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 the most, but Rice's and Orkin's are my other favorites.

Jabo's sound plugin is the only (ATM) sound plugin I use, and the sound is very good.

N-Rage's v2 1.82 input plugin is a lot more flexible than Jabo's, N-Rage's plugin supports all buttons and axis's on most (maybe all DirectInput compatible) gamepads, Jabo's supports every button on my gamepad, but only two axis's (X and Y axis's) are supported by Jabo's input plugin.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jabo's should just be fine :)
Besides that, you could test the newest glide64 when it's released, I know not how well it performs with that game, but hey you can try.

OP
RyzE

RyzE

Okay, Are there better 64 emulators for Banjo-Tooie? And I have been playing it a little more now on Project 64 and I am experiencing some freezes in the game, but not very often and they are not more than a split second long (in other words not long at all!), so its no real bother, but it would be better with out them :).

I only discoverd one major problem. And thats when (dunno if you guys played the game): When I want to do the Jiggys challenge. It's a puzzle and the inside the frame, where you are supposed to put the pieces you see (hmm how should I explain this?) a large bear running around in a treasure chamber, in other words the puzzlepieces are "moving pictures" as well as inside of the large frame (where the pieces eventually go). And that really slows my FPS down... hope you guys understand. And can help me... (it runs smoothly otherwise)

Wait I just thought about screenshots! Doh!.. well I'll attach a screenshot so you can see it, BRB ;)

Check out this link instead:
http://www.emutalk.net/member.php?u=10848/

If you cant see the framerate its 6.65

Last edited:
That's normal. You might boost it a little by going to the advanced settings of Jabo's plugins and checking "update less frequently" and "use low resolution updates".

OP
RyzE

RyzE

Thx.. that did help a little, now I only have one quiestion left for this game. Sometimes the emulator just hangs and I have to close it and restart the emulator. A little annyoing while playing and not be able to save... is there a way to prevents these hangs?