What's new

which plugin can use in 1964?

igniz

one year,I have seen someone play n64 game on his computer use PJ64.I have many interesting in n64 emulation.
Now,many plugin has been released,I want to know:which plugin can use in 1964?there are too many plugins.
can someone tell me?plz make a list,thanks a lot!

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
You won't be able to pull much out of that thing. So, before trying to emulate anything, your computer needs some good upgrades. But, try all of them and stay with those that work better for you ;) That's how almost everybody starts. Testing till it's just right. Also, not all plug ins work with all games, so you might have to try different ones to get the best results on certain games. But that's how you have to go, trial and error is the way to go. ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gfx: Jabo's plugin, unoffical daedalus, or icepir's opengl 0.6. Ohhh, did i forget glide64 0.2 + evoodoo?
Audio: in 1964: Azimer's, the only good. If u get 0.8.3 u can take the rsp and use jabo's.
Input: Can only recommend N-Rage's!

OP
I

igniz

thanks,I have tried many plugins in 1964 for playing super mario 64.but there is always some display issue,such like a constantly flash from the windows' bottom to win98 task bar...
and I tried all D3D plugins,but the my video card can't perform well with D3D mode.too many map error!
eh...I think the first thing is UPGRADING!

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
The best gfx plugin for Mario 64 is Jabo's D3D plugins and Azimer's 0.40 beta works excellent in audio. Nrage is input is good too :). With those plugins, I get a perfect emulation of Mario 64 ;) And yes, you need to upgrade that video card at least to get better graphics. Geforce cards are cheap nowadays (specially the GF2 MX400).

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
In the meantime...

While you save up for an upgrade, try using a combination of Jabo's D3D7 and Azimer's 0.30 (Old Driver). 1964 OpenGL 0.8.3 is faster for both systems but you mentioned a Matrox video card, and I've heard Matrox is bad for OpenGL. You still might want to give it a try though.

Also, you use Windows 98? Then 1964 0.7.3 is your best bet for emulation, but you should get 0.8.3 and copy some of its drivers over to get the most up-to-date plugins. Find the lot at Zophar's Domain.

Simple N64 emulation with a system like your's will be hard but not impossible. More complex emulation (anything with self-modifying code) will be near impossible. Upgrade! ;)

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
His Matrox isn't good with D3D. So Jabo's isnt such a good option. And if Matrox isn't good with OGL like you said, all he has left to get good graphics would have to be an upgrade. All I can think of. So, if you want some good emulation, UPGRADE! Or start building a PC bit by bit. Gonna be cheaper than buying a new one ;)

Doomulation

Perhaps i might as well say that there's another site, apparently hosted by emulation64 that has this too, and it help in the emulation buissness. It's name is EmuHelp, find it at www.emuhelp.com

OP
I

igniz

I thought upgrade the video card for a long time.but there is a problem,my mainboard can only support 1X and 2X transfer rate!
8(
so,buy a GEFORCE card maybe waste too much functions of the card,do you think so?hehe.
if I changed MB,then the CPU maybe can't meet the new board's
slot.then,I need buy a new CPU.
when I have a new CPU,like P4.Now,I find the CD-ROM and HD are too slow,so new of them take place in the old.
HAHAHA,I have a new computer!!!but...the whole cost is larger than buy a fully-new one.
if I do those,I think I must go to see a doctor.hehe...........

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
I bought a motherboard + case + my p4 1.6a an opticl mouse and keyboard for just 300 dollars (includes shipping) This PC aint complete yet. I still need to buy the DDR ram and 2 round ata cables. After that, I'm set.

Doomulation

No, a geforce would be all you need. An old one is just as good, and very cheap. Not very much waste at all.

As for the cpu, please, go for athlon, they are cheaper and more powerfull.

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
The fact that they are cheaper does have its disadvantages. I was gonna buy an Athlon XP 1800+. But P4's run cooler than Athlons. And where I live, the average 80 degrees. So, you also have to keep in mind that what you buy suits your weather conditions. I had to add 2 chasis fans to keep the P4 run nice and cool. And still, it's quite hot. But some thermal paste should fix it up. I bought my current P4 1.6A (which is one of the most overclockable P4's out right now) for 123 bux. Not to expensive either unless you want a P4 with a 533mhz FSB which is gonna cost ya some big bux ($250+). Anyway, igniz, you need an upgrade. But if you want cheap stuff, go for Athlons.

Doomulation

Get an athlon, dude!
An athlon 1600+ and a P4 1.6 ghz, the result would be this:

Which runs fastest? Athlon!
Which is cheapest? Athlon!

And with the right mobo, u can overclock the athlon, too!