What's new

Which Next Gen Console are you looking forward to?

Which Next-Gen Console caught your interest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
generalplot said:
I'm interested in a power console, no doubt, PS3 is the one I'm waiting for. Who needs retro games if you still own the old consoles anyways? And all XBOX 360 games demos look just like regular XBOX games to me. Sony will be getting my money. And don't forget......Blue-Ray!!!!!!:drool:
You sound like a fanboy :p
Who owns old consoles these days? Not that many I'm sure.
Blue-Ray? Who cares? Dvd is enough for most things.

xneoangel

Persona User
Well yes i dont think a PS3 game will be of 25GB o.0
And well i still own my Nes my Snes and my Sega Genesis :p

raksmey1309

PS 3 of course.it has super speed CPU 7 times faster then fastest CPU u can find to day and 2 times faster then Xbox 360.(around 21Ghz):D

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
Revolution (Zelda)

and

PS3 (Final Fantasy)

I maybe mistaken, but last I heard Xbox 360 was going to be using an emulator as well..

Miretank

Lurking
revolution.. yeah, like the most, retro-compatibility..
/offtopic/ I long those years I played on my snes... now i'm seeing a war between super consoles, i don't like this.../offtopic
/me cries hugging a snes controller

Doomulation

raksmey1309 said:
PS 3 of course.it has super speed CPU 7 times faster then fastest CPU u can find to day and 2 times faster then Xbox 360.(around 21Ghz):D
Wtf? Do you buy a console for its specs alone? Concidering buying a machine because of its libraries instead!

WhiteX

yes, now power is beginning to get to console gamers minds, if power alone was to make a console a winner, everybody would have xboxes in their houses.
my guess is that if developers find too hard to build for ps3, xbox 360 can take the lead, however if they find it not, sony´s dinasty will remain, nintendo can only take the lead if they release more and more games with adult content, gathering third parties to develop for Revolution and trying to acquire multipaltform franchises never seen on a nintendo console, cough...GTA...cough.

xneoangel

Persona User
Yes the power of a console is not all the quality of the game is what matters i.e. the PSX was much more popular than the N64 because of its games and the N64 was much more powerful than a PSX.

GrumblyStuff

WhiteX said:
yes, now power is beginning to get to console gamers minds, if power alone was to make a console a winner, everybody would have xboxes in their houses.
my guess is that if developers find too hard to build for ps3, xbox 360 can take the lead, however if they find it not, sony´s dinasty will remain, nintendo can only take the lead if they release more and more games with adult content, gathering third parties to develop for Revolution and trying to acquire multipaltform franchises never seen on a nintendo console, cough...GTA...cough.
ZOMG KIDDIE CONSOL AM I RITE

I think Nintendo has proven that games only need to be fun and accessible. *COUGH*nintendogs*COUGH* Boobs, blood, and bullets don't make a game although explosions are always a safe bet. *cough*Blast Corps*cough* Ahem.

Hence why it's generally thought that the Revolution controller will be simpler than the GCN's.

But in all seriousness, I'd look forward to a sequel to Blast Corps on the X360. In the meantime, I'll play it on my N64 and Revolution (when it comes out and uh, assuming Nintendo has the rights which I think they do since they published it).

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am personally interested in the 360. I am after the impressive processing power loaded in one cheap machine. I am hoping it gets hacked pretty quickly and it could become my new hobby. ;-)

Doomulation

Azimer said:
I am personally interested in the 360. I am after the impressive processing power loaded in one cheap machine. I am hoping it gets hacked pretty quickly and it could become my new hobby. ;-)
The ps3 is 2x more powerful, though :p

Allnatural

WhiteX said:
i meant the gravedigging you went when you brought this thread back from the dead.
It was still on the first page of the board, wasn't it? Regardless, it's not that old, so I'd hardly call it gravedigging.