What's new

Which is the best saturn emulator?

Silvor

Hello, I was wondering what vould be the best Saturn emulator out there right now? Ssf didn't seem to work for me. I don't have the right kind of processor it seems.

R0YB0T

If the latest or last few SSF versions do not work for you, then I would suggest using Giri Giri or one of its hacked versions. Google it and it should come up with plenty of spots to dl it. Once you get it set up, it should work. Just not too reliably.

dragomasterx2

girigiri is by far no match for the latest ssf, ssf should work atleast if you have an athlon64 or p4

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
SSF, for reasons that are quite obvious. It really shortens your list of options if SSF doesn't work for you, so you are pretty much left with GiriGiri or that one highly-debated emulator which name I can't remember right now.

SSF requires SSE2 intructions, so no processor less than a P4 or an AMD Athlon64 will work.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Rockmangames said:
AMD Athlon64 is good ? I have Pentium4 and SSF runs fine but I wonder about AMD Athlon64 ?
Athlon's (64s or others) have always been better for gaming that the Pentiums. If you do a lot of video encoding and somesuch, then the Pentiums are better.

So yes, Athlon64s (especially dual core ones) are awesome.

Borisz

afaik the newer a64s outperform pentiums even in encoding (albeit just barely). They are also much cooler unlike the very hot p4s, and offer better money/performance ratio.

For SSF, Dual Core athlons can reach maximum speed in even the most cpu taxing games while (from what I heard) the most powerful p4s can't.

spotanjo3

So a64 is better than pentium4 ?! I am into PC with games, internet, and email. That is all I care about. :p