What's new

Which is better ver. 1.0 (U)(!) or ver. 1.1(U)(!)

nudetothis

Not for any specific game. Generally speaking. If the answer is, "depends on the game," well.......ok then.:blush:

But I read in a not so recent thread that ver. 1.1 of games was sometimes a subsequent release to deal with security/pirating concerns rather than (as I always believed) an improved game.

How 'bout a little convo on this topic as I wonder about it all the time.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I think it might. 1.1 version games probably have bug fixes that were present in the 1.0 version. It's the same case with the 1.2 version games. That's what I think at least.......

RadeonUser

Well, it really does depend on the game... but, yea... newer versions tend to have some sort of 'bug fix'... Take Zelda OoT for example... version 1.0 of that rom has Ganandorf spitting out red blood, the music in one of the temples is different than the newer versions... you can access some beta parts... In the newer versions of the rom, there's a ton of stuff cleaned up... No beta stuff, Ganandorf spits out green blood, and that music is changed...

In PJ64's case, 1.0 is favored though, you won't have that many problems, if I recall right... 1.1 and 1.2 have (or had, not sure) problems during emulation that caused problems...