What's new

which is better (E) or (U)

Allnatural

I say (U), but that's primarily because I'm from America. It's game-specific really. Check the rdb, in some rare cases one version will work and the other won't.

The Jackal

Swedish Wiking
Yeah, I'd say (U) too. You never know with European games, sometimes they've been altered i.e. censored etc.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Pj is based to make as many U-games to work as possible. E (PAL) came in second-hand and many have issues.
So go with U, I'd say.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
but of course... if there were a swedish version I would choose that... but since there aren't any.... I don't really care, just one that works.

About censored... the only thing I've noticed with that is that Carmageddon 64 is available in 2 versions (censored and uncensored)...

schibo

Emulator Developer
(E) games were released in Europe and are meant to run at 50 fps (PAL video). (U) is USA and is meant to run at 60 fps (NTSC). Therefore, if speed is a concern, in my experience (E) games can run faster than USA games unsynced..but this might not be true in every case.

Other than that, you may notice some extra language options in (E) games and perhaps other subtle things.

The Jackal

Swedish Wiking
Harteex said:
About censored... the only thing I've noticed with that is that Carmageddon 64 is available in 2 versions (censored and uncensored)...

Yeah, among other things. Censorship isn't really the biggest problem with PAL games. Sometimes they've been altered in other areas too (the FPS for example) and in 9 out of 10 alterations for a PAL game, it's for the worse ;)

Always choose (U) games infront of PAL. If you've got the option to choose, that is :)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Erm....
I only really use the E region, Unless i am forced to check The U region.

& erm Well, I have no probs with playing a game.

As schibo said, The only dif really is Region (Pal) & (NTSC)

Just look in the Browser, It will tell you if the Region is supported or Not, Or if there are issues etc.

& lol @ the E being inferior concept, plus the being doctored bit.

Thats the funniest thing ive read since someone tried to tell me that Gameshark was the 1st cheats system & then England Copied it with a Pro Action replay.
Datel (AKA Interact) who Made the both, but 1st launched the AR in its home country of England :D

OP
W

wazzup980

thx guys this really helped a lot now im not always debating which one i should download (E) or (U) so over all (U) is better well ok

The Jackal

Swedish Wiking
The Gentleman said:

& lol @ the E being inferior concept, plus the being doctored bit

OK, it's not inferior, they are playable and in most cases there's nothing wrong with 'em. But 'most' games have gone through some manipulation when they reach Europe, that's what I meant. Either it be the title, spoken language or other stuff.

I don't know about you guys, but I consider the NTSC region to be the "sourcecode-material", if you know what I mean.

+ The (U) region is, like Doomulation said, the best working one with emulators, so why debate ;)

jih2000

The Jackal - well actually lots of games come from the E region such as the UK, take for example bango kazooi / tooie / goldeneye / perfect dark etc from uk Rare some of the best games for the console and if anything the U games are more likely to be alterations from the master source code :)

Not having a go or anything :bunny:

MartyMcFly

The Jackal

Swedish Wiking
jih2000 said:
The Jackal - well actually lots of games come from the E region such as the UK, take for example bango kazooi / tooie / goldeneye / perfect dark etc from uk Rare some of the best games for the console and if anything the U games are more likely to be alterations from the master source code :)

That's true. But the Rare-games (most games, for that matter) relased in the (U) region are smaller in size (in comparison to the (E) region roms). Dunno why, but I suppose all the different languages/speeches etc. implemented in PAL games takes up space. That's another reason for why I go with (U) roms, I don't want/need three other languages. Also, I'm on a shitty modem, so the smaller the rom, the better...

But for spanish, french and german peeps, (E) games might be the best alternative.

I've got nothing against Europe, don't get me wrong, I live here (Sweden). But I've got my reasons when I choose roms.

G

Goku

I always go for the NTSC stuff coz usually most NTSC games are 17.5% faster than their PAL counterparts :thumbsup: