What's new

Which graphics plugin do I need to use?

whotheheckam

I'm not sure which graphics plugin I need to use. I have a 1.8 ghz processor with 256 mb ram.

My graphics card is a ProSavageDDr with 32 MB SDRAM.

Could someone help me out please?

OP
W

whotheheckam

figures...yeah card is the one that came with the computer itself...i tried the glide64 + evoodoo wrapper it seems to work best...graphics still dont work quite right the text on the buttons in zelda is black and when i pause it the background of it goes crazy...

Could you name me some good graphics cards? I should have plenty of money after Christmas :happy:

Clements

Make sure you check if you have an AGP slot or not on your motherboard first. You need to buy a card with the appropriate connector. As for a card, nVidia FX 5200 or above, or ATi Radeon 9500 or above is sufficient for any emulation (These are DX9 compliant, so they support PS2.0 and VS2.0), so get a card which you are most willing to pay. Avoid cards that have 64-Bit Memory.

You can use this helpful guide (skip to the end for relative performance):

http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

OP
W

whotheheckam

Hehe. I didn't realize how expensive some cards could get, I haven't looked at prices for a while.

What are some good cards UNDER $100?

And Gandalf I was looking at prices for the 6600GT and the cheapest I saw was $250.
I'm not going to spend THAT much for a card.

One last thing...I also have a Voodoo 3 Card in my old computer. Would it do a better job than the integrated one my computer came with that I am using now?

EDIT-I just switched wrappers to the newest evoodoo (Nemesis) and it made Zelda run ALOT better. But I just noticed when I try to pause it it gives me the following error - "The GFX plugin has caused an exception and has been disabled. Would you like to turn it back on and attempt to continue?"

It gives me a yes/no option and neither one of them work it causes it to crash. It also fails to run Majora's Mask completely.

Last edited:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
yes, the voodoo3 will help in glide64, because you will not need the wrapper. the voodoo cards were the ones that had Glide support, i had a near identical system to the one you mentioned, and popping a voodoo2 in there and using it with Glide64 made a HUGE impact. afaik, glide64 and direct64 are the only plugins that have (near) perfect FB emulation

OP
W

whotheheckam

Okay, I'll have to try it. Won't do it tonight though I'm too lazy plus I'm gonna have to argue to take the card out even though noone uses the computer lol.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You'll be amazed at the results ;) Glide64 simply is THE best for voodoos, and perhaps even overall plugin out there today.

OP
W

whotheheckam

Meh. My mom won't let me take the Voodoo out of the other computer because she says she uses it...and she never does. Oh well I'm gonna take it out anyway to try out and if it works ill buy another one off of ebay lol.

OP
W

whotheheckam

A Voodoo 5 - 5500 would work nicely wouldn't it? Along with any other games non emu-related I might want to play?

Doomulation

Uhh yeah, voodoo 5 will work flawless with glide64, but with other games... hmmn... certainly not the newest, but somewhat older games? I think it might work. I'm not the expert here, though, so I'll leave that to those who knows.

OP
W

whotheheckam

Alright I think I'm going to order a Voodoo 5 then. I can get one pretty cheap. I was reading up on it it should be able to play just about anything. Bunch of people say they run Doom 3 on it just fine and my old Voodoo worked fine for anything I wanted to play so I'll try it out.

Zaran

I got a ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 - 64 mb.

What plugin can I use? "Jabo's direct3D6 1.5" dosen't work, and a error occures on the screen when I start the program.

Doomulation

Jabo's should work. I get it you get a "direct3d failed to initialize" error? Try settings your color depth to 16-bit.

MushroomGuy2

I've a Gforce FX 5200; 80 bucks adn I'm seein colorsa I've never seen like in Majora's Mask the fairy sword is the color and the great Fairy's hair is pink and not black....I've been on that crappy MX 200 since I bought this crap machine 3 years ago..so yeah I'm happy, but I'm getting a new comp anywayz -_-