What's new

which emulator to get?

Shaelyn

hi all,

I'm completely new at emulators and all the computer's technical hardware stuffs; please forgive me. I need an N64 emulator, primarily to take in-game screen shots of the Zelda games for art projects (the higher quality, the better.) the thing is, I don't know what my computer will and won't run, and I don't know what emulator is suited to my needs (if any one would be more suited than the others.)

I hope this is all the info you guys need to help. if you need more info, pls let me know where to find it.

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 512 MB RAM
DirectX version 9.0c
video card: all-in-wonder 9600 series, chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4150)

also, as a side, I will need a controller, won't I? are there any you would recommend / where would I find one (preferably in an actual store)?

thanks in advance.

the master 123

Project 64 and 1964 are probably the 2 best emulators. I would recommend project 64 as it is my favorite. if you got a xbox 360 wired controller going to mircosoft website will give use driver for it that the controller would then just be a standard usb controller(the driver I use from there don't support rumble though). Both emulators have game screen shots options and would run zelda well given you hardware even with that integrated graphic card(since it is full direct 9 support the site says). You can use the keyboard as a controller but it isn't that use for game like zelda to use.

Ferli

Biggest problem I have is about the joypad, none has as many button as a N64 controller and using the one stick for C-buttons doesnt solve much

Ferli

Yeah, I could (I have 3 N64 controllers) but the stick of the N64 is awfull (gets loose really fast)

Allnatural

Biggest problem I have is about the joypad, none has as many button as a N64 controller and using the one stick for C-buttons doesnt solve much
Most have more in fact (the DualShock, for one example, has 16 buttons to the N64's 14). You'll need to create multiple profiles, depending on the particular game and your personal preference, but just about and gamepad will get the job done.

OP
S

Shaelyn

thanks guys <3 I didn't know you could get an adapter for the N64 controller, I'll look into that some more.

Last edited: