What's new

Wheres Conker!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thine_impalor

Local spammer
another way

well, i saw this SOMEWHERE i don't remember, but u had to scroll to the BOTTOM of the agreement to enable the agree button.... so u could put a RED font bout this???

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
If you really want to oblige new users to read something you can put the text on a gif picture and ask the future member to copy the text on a box. Then you verify the content of that box.

There's two major inconvenience : maybe it's too painful for the user and maybe it's too hard to implement in your current scripts.

Remote

Perhaps a better solution, or a addition to the current, would be to send a private message to new users directly after they have completed the registration process, explaning emutalk's current stand on roms, basic behaviour and the do's and the do not's of this forum.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Hacktarux said:
If you really want to oblige new users to read something you can put the text on a gif picture and ask the future member to copy the text on a box. Then you verify the content of that box.

There's two major inconvenience : maybe it's too painful for the user and maybe it's too hard to implement in your current scripts.

That won't cause the user to read the agreement, just to reasd the 4 letters

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
EdgeBlade said:

That won't cause the user to read the agreement, just to reasd the 4 letters

Why 4 letters ?
I thought about a picture with a text like :
I CERTIFICATE THAT I WILL NOT MAKE ANY ROM REQUEST ON EMUTALK.

But like i said before it is quite painful for the user.

Remote

None of the suggested methods prevents the user from making a rom request, the various prevention methods delivers the message that asking for roms will result in a ban, but after that the user is capable of doing what ever he intends to do, i.e asking for roms. I guess there is no easy solution to this problem and to relay on new users sence of right and wrong clearly is not an option, it should be.

The possibility to expand the word filter may exist and if it supports sentences a lot of unwanted sentences could be replaced with meningless, cryptic posts about nothing. Later on when a user has reached a certain amount of posts the word filter could be disabeld, or return to it´s previous level.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Hacktarux said:
Why 4 letters ?
I thought about a picture with a text like :
I CERTIFICATE THAT I WILL NOT MAKE ANY ROM REQUEST ON EMUTALK.

Ah, sorry, I missunderstood. Yeas, that would be a pain :devil:

I've seen things where it shows 4 random letters at the bottom of an agreement and you have to type that 'code' to be able to click agree.

Slougi

LOL, nice first post Epic64 and welcome here :)
:emutalk1:

BTW i think of all suggestions hacktarux's was best.

Slougi

EdgeBlade said:

Ah, sorry, I missunderstood. Yeas, that would be a pain :devil:

I've seen things where it shows 4 random letters at the bottom of an agreement and you have to type that 'code' to be able to click agree.
That's yahoo ;)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
LAST TIME :

- ROM REQUESTS
- ROM POSTINGS

EQUALS IMMEDIATE BAN !!!!!!!!!!
BECAUSE EVERYBODY HERE AT EMUTALK IS GETTING REALLY
:pissed: ABOUT IT SO READ THE RULES FIRST !!!!!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Agreed. Read the rules first.
Hmmm, and maybe just a small ban first?
Otherwise they won't come back. And they can't ask for help. That wouldn't serve the right purpose, hm?

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
You've got a point there Doomulation but these noobiez will never learn unless we set some examples.

KariageKun

I think many people are being ridiculous in this forum.
C'mon, everybody know what emulators are for. And don't say to me that you guys actually buy the cartridge and play it in computer. I bet more than 99% users download it instead of buy it. The first page in this post is like everybody yelling and screaming to that guy like he just kill 5000 people.

NOTE: This is my open opinion. It is not my fault if you find this post offensive.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hmmmm.
Yes, newbies never learn. But yet, if we IP-ban them immidietly, they will never get back here to ask for help; the main purpose of this board, hm?
I think that they can get one chance, hm? Ban the accounts first, then IP-ban them if they don't learn. And it's that suggestion to make them actually READ that they CAN'T post to ask about roms.
Hmmm...
Well, I dunno, but that's what I think...
Not that I actually care... well, but anyway.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
KariageKun said:
C'mon, everybody know what emulators are for. And don't say to me that you guys actually buy the cartridge and play it in computer. I bet more than 99% users download it instead of buy it. The first page in this post is like everybody yelling and screaming to that guy like he just kill 5000 people.

NOTE: This is my open opinion. It is not my fault if you find this post offensive.

u misunderstood us. rom related posts are not allowed due to legal reasons(dont want Martin's fancy new server taken down do we?). that is why ppl here are so strict. those ppl who "yell and scream to the guy" r just ppl who wants to flame on this board (not usually allowed either, but the rom requests gives them a reason to).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
KariageKun said:

yep, thats why im locking the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.