What's new

Wheres Conker!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZER0

Ok I got PJ 64 and I got perfect dark,golden eye and diddy kong racing (Best Rare Games) but I NEEEED CONKER'S BAD FUR DAY!!!!!

Does Any1 Know Wheres A Site That Actully Works And has CDFD???

Thanx

:pj64: Forever!

hellknight

Banned
READ THE RULES YOU *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOONE READS IT BUT THERE IS THE RULE NO ROM REQUESTS BAH!!!!!!!TERRIBLE THAT YOUR NAME IS ZERO THAT REALLY :pissed: ME OF!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
You make me sick. There are people in the world who really need things, like clean water, food, and shelter.

banned.

Remote

I see two possible explanations for the massive amount of posts concerning websites or links to websites from where roms can be obtained.

(1.) New users unware of the fact that rom request are prohibitaded and that it could get the emutalk owners in legal trouble, despite that they did not post the links themself they are legally responsible for the content emutalk provides.

(2.) Old users who thinks it is hilarious seing other people repeat the same messages over and over again, perhaps they even respond to their own messages using their real name.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Remote, if these guys can ip ban us, surely it would not be challenging for them to findout if we hav double accounts. so i dont think 2 is likely

Remote

pj64er said:
Remote, if these guys can ip ban us, surely it would not be challenging for them to findout if we hav double accounts. so i dont think 2 is likely

Me neither, but there is always more then one reasonble explanation.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i think they r working towards a solution to (1.), they r prolly putting something to tell ppl not to request roms. hopefully they put it in bold and make it very attention grabbing (watermarked by pics from the babe thread?). once this is implemented, it would leave us with only one final explanations

(3.) there r far more idiots in this world than either u or I can ever imagine

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i am seriously banning everyone who asks for ROMs today, i may even hunt through some old threads looking for people to ban.

Martin

Administrator
This is clearly an issue, and therefore I changed register.php to include the following string of text a few weeks ago:

Also, by clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post ROM request or post links to ROM sites. Failure in doing so will result in an immediate IP ban.

Log out and check for yourselves if you want to see register.php.

It is impossible to register without applying to our rules, and failure in doing so will, as stated, result in an IP ban. We shouldn't need to clutter the whole Emutalk board with rules telling people not to ask for ROMs when they've already applied to this rule. It's not our fault if people break the rules.

Members with powers (Administrators, moderators, Emu64 staff etc.): Ban any user who break our rules. Please do not moderate boards you are not meant to though. Specifically, do not delete threads, they're vital for the board owners (i.e. 1964 board is owned by Schibo and Rice) to know what's going on in their boards. Thanks.

Trotterwatch

The problem with IP banning is that innocent users such as myself for example who are on a non static IP could suffer because of the non literate brigade.

It would also mean that the person banned could come back anyways if they are on a dynamic IP.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i can see when i go to ban someone if anyone else will be taken out, the forum is well designed. i might ban possible future users but thats another issue.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Martin i dont even care about closing the thread, he sure as hell wont be posting a reply and its the online equivalent of the dead body hanging in the cage...

Martin

Administrator
Trotterwatch said:
The problem with IP banning is that innocent users such as myself for example who are on a non static IP could suffer because of the non literate brigade.

It would also mean that the person banned could come back anyways if they are on a dynamic IP.

Yeah, it's a problem without a solution. It seems like most of the arses are on AOL, but I'd have to check that up.

Allnatural

I've never set-up or run a forum, but a thought occured to me. Is it possible to put in a delay before the agree button is accessible when registering? I figure most people just click it and move on without reading the rules. If there were like a 30 second counter that prevented a click of the agree button, maybe people would read the rules because there would be nothing better to do while they wait. Just a thought.:)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
goddamn thats a good idea. but these people arent very bright so give them more than 30 seconds and a nice big font. plus its a kind of cooling off period for angry people.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
like I was hinting at before tho, prevention is better than cure: condoms are the long term solution.

Martin

Administrator
Allnatural said:
I've never set-up or run a forum, but a thought occured to me. Is it possible to put in a delay before the agree button is accessible when registering? I figure most people just click it and move on without reading the rules. If there were like a 30 second counter that prevented a click of the agree button, maybe people would read the rules because there would be nothing better to do while they wait. Just a thought.:)

Doesn't sound too hard to implent, I'll look into it. Nice suggestion. :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i see two problems:

1) ppl might think register.php is broken and wont come back. no more registering users.

2) seriously, if u were told to read rules for 30 seconds, would u? if i were in that position, i would take a 30sec piss and come back.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Or, couldn't u just make the font so big so that they can't miss it? That'd make sure they wouldn't miss it at least. Then after registering, u could put up a thread at top "Request roms and you're banned!".
That's a nice and easy solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.