What's new

Where can I get Chankast Utilities 0.25 BETA?

Crininja

I've been searching all over for it, but I cannot find a single download link that works. Can anyone help me out here?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't want to sound rude, but why do you need it? There really hasn't been much use for it ever since Chankast Alpha 025 was released.

Whirlinurd

Hi,

I didn't notice any improvements over the original release of Chankast 0.25 with Chankast Utilities 0.25 Beta. But I didn't tried evering that is possible. At first the 'Speed Pig' option was interesting but it seems that is does more wrong than right. As they say with Chankast Utilities 0.25 Beta that you can use Speed Pig at your own risk it is surely something to think very heavely about. Because it isn't a sure speed improvement and it compromises system stability a lot. Not sure how much damage it can cause but I think it is not worth the risk. It envolves some ridicilous hardware tweaking that really doesn't make any sense to me. But do what you want with it. Maybe you can clear things up and post some improvements for Chankast that we all haven't seen for a long time. Use it for fun not do not expect to make any serious breakthrough in Dreamcast emulation. It isn't a quick fix.

OP
C

Crininja

I was under the impression Chankast Utilities could improve compatibility. I was as so much as hoping to be able to play Sonic Adventure all the way through as Sonic. Furthermore, you can limit FPS and whatnot.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Crininja said:
I was under the impression Chankast Utilities could improve compatibility. I was as so much as hoping to be able to play Sonic Adventure all the way through as Sonic. Furthermore, you can limit FPS and whatnot.
It doesn't really help with compatibility at all, it's more of a placebo effect. Utilities has a few tools that supposedly can make games run faster (at the expense of serious system stability problems in the worst case).

Besides, just enabling VSync in your video card drivers should help you limit fps.

AHMED_RYU

thx alot for the Chankast Utilities i searched a lot of time but no results thx people thx a lot :)
all i want is to play resident evil code veronica thats all i hope i can play it well
my sys\ p4:2.8 , 512mb ram , nivdia 5200fx 128mb so i guess its fare enough or i hope so in the end
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankssssssssssssssss