What's new

whats your favorite zelda game??

Zoomer

1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link to the Past
3. Link's Awakening

The magnitude of Ocarina created a new level in gaming. Plus the best damn Zeldaing you can get.
SNES Zelda had the best sound/graphics of any other SNES game, plus a bonerific ride to Zelda.
Awakening (GBC) had a deep story and great dungeons. (GBC)

Let Zelda Windwalker be the best ... let Windwalker touch my soul.... hhuummmmmmmmmm ...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Mmm. Know I'll get flak for this...

Majora's Mask.

Fixed a few of my problems with OoT: was generally more 'fun', dungeons seemed more interesting, loved the mask transformations (Zora Link :inlove: ), subscreen much friendlier, etc. The only problem with it is how relatively short it is (only four main dungeons), but you have to do a lot more work than normal to open the dungeons.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Zelda2: Adventure of Link
The advanced battle system (compared to the others) is so much better which makes this game worthwhile.

Plisco

Sevillian
OoT cause it was unbelievable. Masive Quest, plethora of sie quests.
Windwaker could be as good but we will wait and see, I am still trying to get used to LoZ and cel-shading...

blizz

You can't really compare the 2D and the 3D games, but it doesn't stop people from trying just because it's the same franchise

in 3D it's Ocarina, MM had some bright points but some really shit points (see Snowhead)

in 2d it's Link's Awakening, A link to the past bored the fuck out of me

Slougi

I guess it's a personal thing. I found Zelda MM so completely boring though, that I never got past the first town. Where you have to find the fairy or something.

Plisco

Sevillian
Slougi said:
I guess it's a personal thing. I found Zelda MM so completely boring though, that I never got past the first town. Where you have to find the fairy or something.

See no disrespect but you cant judge a game fairly without playing all the way through. The start of zelda mm is prety shit but it does improve...

Clements

1. Bought Ocarina of Time on the release date and was hooked for 10 hours and I realised I skipped eating. Nothing I've played since has beaten it yet. Amazing bosses, side quests, fishing, horse-riding and exploring (For Gold Skulltullas- Genius feature!). Completed it with every unlockable feature.

2. A Link to the Past is also one of my favourites, got up to Ganon but couldn't beat him. I got all heart containers and items.

3. Link's Awakening was excellent game as the puzzles made this stand out- you needed brains for this. Completed with every unlockable feature. Rewarded by an excellent clip of Link at the end.

4. Majora's Mask was disappointing because I was in a rush to complete everything due to the day/clock system, so the game latest me two weeks. Completed, but with 2 heart pieces not collected in the shooting galleries (You lost your money when travelling back in time so I couldn't be bothered to trot from the bank to the two places) And the final boss can be defeated in less than one minute using no skill with the Fierce Diety Mask.

Rest assured, I will get Wind Waker, because if its anywhere like the others in the series, I'll be happy.

Slougi

Plisco said:
See no disrespect but you cant judge a game fairly without playing all the way through. The start of zelda mm is prety shit but it does improve...
If the game is so boring that I find myself wishing I was doing something else, it is not worth my time. OoT for example was pretty nice, but when I got to the water temple it had become so monotonous that I felt like throwing the controller against the wall. Now that I think of it, the only game I genuinely enjoy on the N64 is Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64 for you yankees ;)). Super Mario was nice, but has zero replay value.

blizz

Plisco said:

more accurately he didn't get out of the town ;)

but after that it's get more interesting, the Woodfall Temple boss Odolwa was probably my favourite, he freaked me out the first time I met him with all that screeching

it does have difficult problems though, Snowhead is a bastard of a temple design followed by a very boring boss fight against Goht, conversely the boss fight against Gyorg was easily the hardest boss fight in the game, although I guess the final battle would be a lot harder without the Fierce Deity Mask

there were a few concepts I can see them reusing in a future game, which they tend to do in Zelda, the Fierce Deity Mask would be sweet in a more mature designed Zelda (not in cel shading land), I'd like to see Odolwa again too, plus it would make more sense for the four "god" masks to be on people, not on a fish of a fucking goat.

Slougi said:
If the game is so boring that I find myself wishing I was doing something else, it is not worth my time. OoT for example was pretty nice, but when I got to the water temple it had become so monotonous that I felt like throwing the controller against the wall. Now that I think of it, the only game I genuinely enjoy on the N64 is Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64 for you yankees ;)). Super Mario was nice, but has zero replay value.

Lylat Wars was where it's at for instant gratification :D (and yes I prefer that name over starfox).

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1: Zelda: Ocarnia of time Or Zelda: Majoras Mask (can't decide)
2: Zelda: A link to the past

To get out of the town, follow these crappy instructions:

1: Find the fairy, its either in east of the town (at night) or in the pond, its ahead of the clock tower and into the right (during the day)

2: Enter the cave at the north of the town, you'll get the ability to shoot stuff.

3: exit cave and burst the little bastards balloon.

4: chase the 5 little bastards, 2 of them are in north, 2 in east and 1 in the west.

5: once you've got the random code go to the east part of the town and talk to the kid guarding the alley, tell him the code you learned from part 4.

6: enter there and proceed to the Observatory, speak to the old geezer and look through his telescope, Just zoom in on the clock tower there and exit once you've seen the villain on it, the moon will drop a moon stone, you need this.

7: exit the observatory at the door and grab the moon stone.

8: Go back to the main part of the town and walk over to the deku flower there, give the deku guy the moon stone to be able to use it.

9: wait till midnight on the final day, use the deku flower to get inside the clock tower.

10: Knock the skull kid with the shooting power and he'll drop the ocarnia, grab it, then play the song of time after they tell you it.

11: go back to the mask guy to be turned back into a human again.

12: now you can leave the town, i'll leave the rest to you... May seem like alot but trust me the game will get better than this...

Yeah, the water temple is a right pain in the arse, I got stuck on it for about 2 weeks then the solution hit me... then i was really happy.

Last edited:
OP
Ackman

Ackman

Demon
How come nobody likes Zelda MM.I think it was great i like the mask trasformations and stuff.They only bad thing is that i had time to do stuff...Oni Link looked so great...and Zora...i cant say the same about Deku...but Goron was ok....And i got everything in this game,And the heart piecies,and all the masks, everything.In Ocarina of time i think i got Everything exept all the Golden Sculltulas.That was hard!!!

Clements

I liked Majora's Mask while it lasted. The game was mostly side quests but was lacking in dungeons- just four, and OoT had 10+. I just didn't like the way nothing saved when you completed stuff like the dungeons, items and fairies- you had to redo them. Also, most of the masks were pointless. This was probably the worst Zelda as a result. With OoT, it was much more rewarding game.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
OK, for me the order is, Ocarina Of Time, Link to the Past, THEN Wind Waker. NOT ENOUGH DUNGEONS. OOT remains the best game ever.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Tri-Force said:
OK, for me the order is, Ocarina Of Time, Link to the Past, THEN Wind Waker. NOT ENOUGH DUNGEONS. OOT remains the best game ever.

OOH OOH THE GAME IS LONG SO IT MUST BE GREAT THOSE SHORTER GAMES CANT COMPARE NO MATTER WHAT EVEN IF THEYRE HANDS DOWN BETTER GAMES

*ahem* now for the serious part of the post.

OoT has less dungeons than A Link to the Past. Plus LttP's dungeons were more... interesting and creative. LttP also gave you a little more freedom and non-linearity. And finally... the two games progress almost identically with some really glaringly obvious similarities. Oh, one other thing, LttP is without a doubt more difficult than OoT.

Thus... my ratings are:

1. The Wind Waker
2. Majora's Mask
3. A Link to the Past
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Link's Awakening
6. The Legend Of
7. Oracle of Ages / Oracle of Seasons
8. Adventure of Link