What's new

what emulator should i use

Stezo2k

S-2K
milen said:
>>> Stezo2k >>> LMAO, i wouldnt exactly call it the PC for even running PSX games full speed

PSX games run full speed on p2/400 with any video card with Pete's and Lewpy's plugins.

not on his system, especially with 64ram and a Intel Gfx chip, Btw i was refering to a real psx emu such as epsxe

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
LaterDude said:
kikwearsk8er said:
so basicly i'm not doin good enough for any emulator.
what about dreamcast. if i can work with that can u give me the link to an emulator and some iso's

what about dreamcast

What about it?
First of all this is a N64 forum, not DC.

Second, if you don't have enough system to do N64 emulation, what makes you think you could run a DC emulator?

Third. afaik, there is NO emulator that runs DC games. If you see one, nightmare for example, it is a fake and may be a virus.

and last but certainly not least, asking for iso's for a DC is the same as asking for Roms for the N64. The 3rd sticky from the top of this forum specifically says, 'Rom Request = Ban'

I am sure that is why the regs here were ignoring your request for DC stuff. I hope this helped to enlighten you.

Have a nice day! ;)

well said ;) and DC emulation would need a very powerful system (even when optimised) i'd say around 2ghz

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Lillymon said:
cooliscool said:
kikwearsk8er said:
what is the difference between a celeron adn a pentium

Less L2 Cache.
But I heard it was also faster.

Celeron = 128KB L2 cache @ full clock speed
Pentium III = 512KB L2 cache @ half clock speed

With the coppermine P3's it was 256kb full speed. Only the Katmai (only were made in 450 and 500mhz models), had the 512kb half speed. Sorta like a PII with SSE.

tbag

heh

kikwearsk8er said:
what about dreamcast. if i can work with that can u give me the link to an emulator and some iso's

http://icarus.boob.co.uk
and as for ISO's i wouldnt have a clue and BTW Icarus is unreleased and doesnt run games only demos :happy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Re: heh

tbag said:
kikwearsk8er said:

http://icarus.boob.co.uk
and as for ISO's i wouldnt have a clue and BTW Icarus is unreleased and doesnt run games only demos :happy:

:bs: it does, ive seen shots of it running a few Dc Games

Stez

Trotterwatch

Stezo, what tbag said was true - the version released at the moment doesn't run commercial games. The developers version may run a couple of games though - but not to a standard that you would call playable. As such it doesn't run commercial games.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i know that m8, but i dont think he was refering to the released version, think he meant the whole of the Icarus project

tbag

No just the current version yes it does run Commercial games not at a playable state though ;)