GameFaqs is your friend, xD.

SCORES AND HIGH SCORES

At the start of a one player game, as you move the hand cursor over the
different character portraits, at the bottom of the screen will appear the
highest score ever earned with the character currently selected (or the highest
score earned since the score data was last reset). A little "Window"
symbol/logo appears by the score if it was earned during a winning game; the
color of the symbol corresponds to the difficulty level of that game (from blue
for Very Easy to red for Very Hard). To the right is a number in parenthesis.
This number turns out to be the number of Special Bonuses earned in that game.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

Hell yeah! I thought for a long time that the number in parenthesis was my place in the highest score list, though I was aware that was impossible since the N64 doesn't support networking, but I assumed there was a pre-created list of high scores by the authors of the game or something. I would love to know where I'd stand among all other SSB-addicts in the world (probably wouldn't even be in the top 1000 despite that I'm fuckin awesome at it.) Or wait, isn't that what Brawl is for? I should buy a Wii sometime when I acquire enough cash.

PS, whats ubernes?

m1t0s1s

It would certainly be possible to do this, just find the place in memory where the score is and upload the score to a website. Anyone want to hack this into 1964? I'll pm zilmar and see if he would put this into pj64. And and btw, the ubernes current high scores are here.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

But then how would you verify that the person didnt jew his score. I can edit the number to anything I want and then upload.

I guess replays with timestamps would be the closest thing to proof. Timestamps can be hacked, but most people wouldnt know how, so yeah. And anybody who does might be smart enough to know that cheating videogames just to gain an online status is for retards.