What's new

What are the best video setting for rice plugin 6.1.1b10?

Clements

Varies depending on graphics card configuration. I use the high-end pixel shader combiner with DirectX since all my graphics cards support pixel shaders. Yours may not, so you need to experiment yourself, or leave it on automatic. Texture filters are user preference. If you need framebuffer settings, then either search the board or try them out youself. Other settings you shouldn't really touch.

For audio, use either Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 + RSP or Azimer's HLE Audio WIP2 depending on the game you are running.

zaffle

i'm using Project64 with rice's plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. when i play the game (djipi's cel zelda), it checks through all the texture files (not a prob, just proving it works) and then jumps into the game. all the textures appear and all is well.

apart from some annoying stutter that happens regularly for however long i play it.

when i'm done, i save and click "end emulation" then a happy little message pops up saying "Project64 has encountered a problem and needs to close"

whats going on? have i miss-configured something?

edit: happens with every game now

Clements

It's a bug affecting PJ64 1.6 specifically when using Rice's Video with the OpenGL API selected in the plugin config. Change to DirectX mode. OpenGL mode has some limitations not present in DirectX mode, so is not recommended if DirectX works perfectly.