What's new

Were their any Game Gear exclusive games?

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Sonic Drift game was the only one i can think of. Were their any other exclusive games for this system other than Mastersystem ports (if you can call them that).

Thanks all.

Hawq

Cant remember any names atm but there were a few that were later taken to the master system by tectoy, would they still count? probably not but the master system releases of them were only in brazil so to most of the world I guess

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
There were some "Gamegear only" titles (or sequels of already existing titles) released... There were even some games that have been ported from Genesis/Megadrive and might have unique gameplay and levels or they just have the same name but they are completely different.

Here are the ones I remember now:

-Sega 4 in 1 Pack
-Shining Force 2, Sword of Haija
-Other "Gamegear only" Shining Force titles (Japan only)
-Strider Returns (Not sure if a Master System version exists)
-Sonic Triple Trouble
-Gunstar Heroes (Not sure about that)
-OutRun (Unique gameplay)
-Various "Gamegear only" Shinobi series
-Mickey Mouse, Legend of Illusion
-Power Strike 2 (Unique gameplay)
-Columns (Unique gameplay)
-Fatal Fury Special (Unique gameplay)
-Megaman (Unique gameplay)
-Panzer Dragoon Mini
-Virtua Fighter Animation
-Incredible Hulk (Not sure about that)
-Power Rangers (Unique gameplay)

Don't remember anything else... There are more however :)

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Thank you very much for your reply's. That has helped me rmember a few games from when i had the machine!

WhiteX

megaman had an unique gameplay?
you fought against remixed bosses on remixed stages, how was it unique?

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
In the above case by saying "unique gameplay" I meant that the game was changed a lot in terms of gameplay compared to other systems.
For example, Megaman was ported to many systems but the Gamegear version is different than the NES and Gameboy versions.

It's like comparing Sonic for Gamegear with the Genesis/Mega Drive version. Each system has its own exclusive and unique version. :p

jdsony

Weren't all the Sonic games unique to the system? I know they weren't the same as the Genesis versions...maybe Master System though.

WhiteX

PsyMan said:
In the above case by saying "unique gameplay" I meant that the game was changed a lot in terms of gameplay compared to other systems.
For example, Megaman was ported to many systems but the Gamegear version is different than the NES and Gameboy versions.

It's like comparing Sonic for Gamegear with the Genesis/Mega Drive version. Each system has its own exclusive and unique version. :p

i get your point it is kind of an "unique experience", ok, as a matter of fact it remixed bosses from 2 different games into one. you are right.