What's new

Well, 1964 can not do native save for you, but have you tried...?

Rice

Emulator Developer
1. Do you know which native save type should be used in the game?
2. Have you tried to modified the game options to select the correct native save type?

SRAM and FLASHRAM are always getting problems, try to set the game option correctly instead of using the options "All Used Type" or "First Use Type".

And if you still have problem with some certain games, report it here in this thread.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Another problem

1964 seems only to write the native saves when you close a game or close 1964. PJ64, however, writes them immediately when they are modified by a game.
It is REALLY frustrating when you play a game for two hours and 1964 crashes :angry:
PJ64 also crashed a few times, but it wrote the saves!

swarmster

I've tried every combination in Mario Golf. Nothing.

You can't even use save states, as it forgets everything once you finish a round. (Not that I'm one who likes to use save states.)

guve25

same here, wwf no mercy, no matter what setting... won't save

kinda lame after spending much time to play the game, to know you have to go all over again :( especially the character creation scene

no problem with PJ64 though

Duncan

N64 Addict
Heres the correct primary/secondary saves:

Mario Golf (E) SRAM
Mario Golf (U) SRAM
Mario Golf 64 (J) SRAM

WWF No Mercy (E) (V1.0) FlashRAM, Controller Pak (secondary)
WWF No Mercy (E) (V1.1) FlashRAM, Controller Pak (secondary)
WWF No Mercy (U) FlashRAM, Controller Pak (secondary)

and make sure to turn off EEPROM support (no EEPROM).

swarmster

Holy crap!

While I don't understand why you have to say "no EEPROM" if you tell it not to use the EEPROM, it really works.

Thanks a lot!

My move from PJ64 is complete!

Well, Mario Tennis still says the save file is corrupt every time, but I haven't tried much with that one...

guve25

??? the data(my custom made character) is in the controller pack, but apparently 1964 won't read it... maybe...

so it still won't save... sorry, it saves the creation data but no custom made character on the character select screen

here's my config

expansion pack: no
game save type: FlashRam
tlb: no
EEPROM: no
CF : 2(default)
VI limit: autosync

Emulator: Dyna-Rec
DMA in segment: no
SelfMod code: protect memory
32 bit: no
Register caching: yes
FPU hack: no
Link 4kb: yes
advanced analysis: yes

n-rage set to raw data, mempak

Last edited:

Duncan

N64 Addict
swarmster, your welcome glad i could help, and 1964 has more than a bright future :) Rice is correct, the Ini file you have might have the wrong settings for Mario Tennis, so make sure the EEPROM is set to 4kb and not 2kb, as it needs that setting to work correctly, and if that doesnt fix the save problem let Rice know about it, the only other thing you might try is to delete the previous save in your "save" folder (looks like this: MarioTennis-839F3AD5406D15FA.eep), before re-trying to save with the 4kb EEPROM enabled, just to give it a fresh start.

swarmster

Well, with 4kb EEPROM, the game doesn't work. 1964 crashes or the game hangs at the Nintendo screen. It doesn't matter very much, but I wouldn't mind fixing this problem as well (or, rather, have you fix it ;)).

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Then just wait for the next release. 1964 never crashes just because of EEPROM setting, at least I never have the problem.