What's new

Welcome to the Dolphin forum!

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
PhoenixA1 said:
Is Dolphin really in development, if it is, why so much mystery about it?
PCSX2 now is emulating almost like Dolphin, and CXBX is already in the level of Dolphin.

Man how would I love to download it, just to see for myself.
Of course it is in development, haven't you followed the progress lately? It's probably being developed harder than most other emulators out there (well except 1964 maybe :p)

The author is anonymous, and does not wish to release the emulator until it's ready.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Trotterwatch said:
I don't wanna contribute to speculation though in the forum.

Ditto, thats why I havent actually come out and said who I think it is ;)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
PhoenixA1 said:
Is Dolphin really in development, if it is, why so much mystery about it?
PCSX2 now is emulating almost like Dolphin, and CXBX is already in the level of Dolphin.

Man how would I love to download it, just to see for myself.

lol you cant blame the guy though right ? :p

I mean its looking abit Icarus at the moment.

I have a feeling he means like Icarus (The Dream Cast Emulator) its all show but no release :)

I seriously don't think this is the case this time, and hope not.
As the whole Icarus affair was a terrible thing to do to the public wanting to try it so much.

Hi Ice btw long time no chat, hope alls well with you.
Eagle: wth you doing up gone past 1am :eek:

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
Remote: 2 authors

as always stated its gonna be released when its ready, which
is usually up to the ToDo list.

M

mainframe19

i say just wait till they can get it going faster!

than it will me more fun to use for every one!

what i want to know is what are the min. specs for a emu like this?

meaning will it be able to run on a geforce4 card?? and what is the min. memory? 512mb or 1.1gb?

and cpu speed?

Eagle said:
I dont know, I think Jabo is content to continue with JNES and his plugins for N64 and while Smiff is great with his website and the INI I'm not sure he has a lot of programming experience (I could be wrong, but I'm sure he will tell us). As for Zilmar (whom you didnt mention) I dont believe he will do another emulator. The last time I talked to him, he was quite burnt on the idea. I had somebody else in mind and Remote knows who my best guess is cause as soon as he saw my post he PMed me with the name of who I thought it was.

I'd concur, Zilmar seemed heavily burned by he whole project 64 experience once it went public, and smiff hasn't done much coding but is brilliant at pretty much everything else.

Patience is a virtue, and like gent said I highly doubt this will be developed and then not released

Last edited:

Hyper19s

Banned
yes the dolphin is progresing very nicely. And a lot of people have a very good geuse of who the author is.
I have a guess. But seriously this guy is good.