What's new

Weird Rice Video 6.1.1 issues

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Okay, so here're my problems with Rice's Video 6.1.1 plugin while using PJ64/1964. When in OpenGL (any mode), the graphics occasionally have vertex drawing issues. Almost all games suffer from this issue. Just look at this screen from Mario 64. But with Direct X (or Direct3D?) the screen just jolts and it's starting to piss me off! I have a GeForce FX 5700 LE with drivers ver. 71.89. Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Funny you'd say that. The 71.84 drivers didn't fix this issue, either; which is what I had previously. The reason I mentioned the emulator 1964 AND PJ64 is because the issue happens on both emulators, and I don't know where I'm supposed to put this thread.

Clements

Here's some factoids on Rice's Video:

- It works better with 1964, especially with framebuffer.
- OpenGL mode is less advanced and less developed than DirectX mode.
- Loading Textures and texture filtures increase requirements depending on amount/size of textures and magnification/complexity of texture filter.
- OpenGL is messed up in PJ64 + Rice's like you say, and DirectX does judder a bit with PJ64.

With this in mind, I have zero problems with Rice's Video + Textures + DirectX combiner. If it stutters then you video card or drivers is to blame, since for me it's fine with high settings.