What's new

Weird problem with Project 64

vulture

This has never happened to me before today and I don't know what is going on. My system specs should be at the bottom of my post but if they aren't here's what I have:

Processor: Intel P4 2.53 GHz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 128 Mb
Sound Card: SoundBlaster Audigy Pro (I think, I know it's audigy but not sure if it's Pro)

Now, what is happening to me is that, with any of my ROMs (which have worked perfectly up until today), I can open the emulator and it works fine. Then, once I tell it to load a ROM, the window suddenly just disappears, like I just minimized it. I can't do anything, and the game won't show up, even though the name of it appears in the taskbar ex: "PAPER MARIO - Project64". Could someone tell me how to fix this please? It is quite annoying.

StAmAtIs

Try uninstalling the emulator and delete it from the registry as well then reinstall it. Im not sure if Windows 2000 has a system restore point like XP does but that usually solves a lot of problems as well.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
StAmAtIs said:
Try uninstalling the emulator and delete it from the registry as well then reinstall it. Im not sure if Windows 2000 has a system restore point like XP does but that usually solves a lot of problems as well.

Windows 2000 don't include System Restore.

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I am using clone screen with Nvidia drivers and TV-Out and i dont get any problems like that. I would highly recommend dumping your version of Windows.