What's new

Weird graphics in menu of Zelda, OoT

thadjudkins

Hi, when playing OoT and you go to the menu does PJ seem to slow to a crawl for 3-5 seconds for everyone else? Also, withing the menu itself graphics are very, very coarse (i.e. huge freakin pixels). Now I'm kinda new here but I went through the boards quickly looking for all Zelda posts and didn't see this anywhere, is this common? Is there a fix someone knows of?

btw I'm on an Athlon 1.4
1 gb ram
Geforce 3 Ti500 (64 mb)
Kt7a-raid

thanks,

thad

:linux:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
yes it is known. it uses one of the techniques available in the rom settings tab in the gfx plugin configuration. most likely primary buffer textures or self rendered textures is what you need to enable. you can't do anything about the load time in the menu. just press f4 to speed it up then press it again when it finishes loading.

StarShade

Ay, the whole reason the graphics changes when you goto the subscreen is so that you can actually SEE Link in the subscreen.

(previously, the area in the Equipment section that would have displayed Link, instead displayed a very odd jumble of images, version 1.5 automatically switches graphics settings around so that you can actually SEE Link, albeit slightly distorted)

Sheik

=(o_0)=
The framebuffer, which is used for the subscreen background, is very hard to emulate (or so i've heard) so it takes some time... I remember the good old days when i had to set buffers black or my pc would go 15 fps..... :pj64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's a matter of fact that it actually reads the framebuffer data from the gfx card backbuffer, and through agp, that IS SLOW! The standard agp today is 4x, but there is 8x coming along. So i think you can image why it's slow.

In the n64, however, i think the gfx card (what's similar i suppose) was connected with the processor, hence why it's fast there. Someone correct me on this if i'm wrong.