What's new

Warning when saving using SSF Important

R0YB0T

When you save your game it does not truly take effect until you exit the emulator, by hitting escape or through the menu. If it crashes it does not take effect. So when you save your game Quit the emulator, then restart it.

For example in shining force 3 scenario 1 and 2, you have just played for 4 hours and you saved it, even if you have used this save file by Resetting the emulator with F4 OR A + B + C + Start, it still will not truly be saved and all of that progress Will Be Lost if the emulator crashes. Even if you saved 100 times and created multiple save files and reset a million times. None of them persist to the next time you ru up the emulator until you successfully Quit the emulator.

This is easy to miss because when you reset your game and you see your save file working and intact, it doesn't appear to be a problem.... till the game crashes.

So remember, Save then Quit, then restart at regular intervals.

Borisz

If you use the Backup Library option then it will write the save to the hdd every time the game updates it, so you are unaffected by crashes.

=)

NiceJerk

Hmm, sounds great, but everytime I try to save with the Hook Backup Library option enabled, I get a message saying that the file cannot be written. Do I have to set up some kind of file / folder to get SSF to auto-save to my hard drive?

Borisz

All the directories you need are set up when you extract the emu from the zipfile. The Backup Library stuff goes into Backup/InternalBackup and Backup/ExternalBackup.