What's new

Wake up! N64 emulation future is here. It's call overclock.

GE Master

I've been a long time visitor here and quite active in the background regarding the various N64 emulators. I've been away for a while. I got back recently and stumbled upon this overclocked 1964 emulator. I'm sure there is a core of players who care about playing a lot of different games. Then there is another core who care about games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. It's more multiplayer type games that this is a big deal for.

The reality in my opinion is that this overclocking has really cracked the N64 emulation scene. The long timers here might not face that reality, but it's true. It's so impressive that I really can't believe that the main players are still sleeping on this. Sure the N64 emu scene is almost a stale cookie, but it shouldn't be.

Again some people might say whatever. I'm saying that as an end user, it doesn't makes sense to have an N64 emulator without the ability to overclock. The hardware out there changed. 64 FPS on a 1280x980 hdtv? Yes, did that recently.

If you haven't tried out the overclock 1964, then do yourself a favor and do it. There are a handful of the most popular N64 games that see major improvements. With everything I've tried over the years regard N64 emulation, this is the biggest breakthrough. Yes not all games, but for the best selling and most played N64 games like GE, PD and Mario Kart it's huge.

Hopefully this concept can be worked on even more.