What's new

Waiting only Azimer for Audio?

Cyberman

Ok Mihalas here is the deal:
  1. Azhimer is busy with real life, he doesn't sit all day wanting to program plugin's it was something he did in his spare time. He's a person too. Point? Geesh don't worry be happy he did anything.
  2. Zilmar and Jabo have moved on to there new interests, I donno maybe a family or something?
  3. People always take up where other's left off, it's not a big deal.
    [/list=1]

Also don't post a response to each question in the thread, if there are a series of questions or response, just put the author's name and what your response is next to it. Otherwise you are getting close to spamming.

Relax, don't worry about if there will be more stuff to make N64 emulation better, it's a hobby, it's not the end of the world. :)

Cyb

Martin

Administrator
Mihalas said:
So not a last "Hey I am here" from Zilmar.Do you believe that N64 emulation will die with the last versions of the popular programmers or we will see new programmers coming out with
hopefull works making some critical updates?

Please consider that there were only meant to be one Project 64 release (1.0) and we should be greatful for the time he gave us, and the 3 years of development he spent on Project64 before releasing it. PJ64 was announced the final version later on, and by then we knew he'd leave.

Azimer is alive and kicking, follow the news at Emulation64.com. :)

Jabo's still around, but not working on PJ64. You'll see him give support for Jnes at the Jnes message board as often he can.

I hope this clears things up. :p

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
For me it's not the end of the world but as you understand all the members in this forum do not want to see N64 emulation come to an end because you know that if N64 emulation come to an end also many threads in this forum will close too!!! :plain:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
1) N64 emulation isn't coming to an end at all. Even if all of the present authors quit tomorrow, there would still be more talented programmers willing to take over their work.

2) Also, the forum wouldn't close if that happened. The Project64 forum has always been incedibly active despite it being discontinued at version 1.4. It also remains active despite it looking liem version 1.5 will really be the final version.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Mihalas said:
And now we came back to my first question.
So if Azimer is about to abandon his project there will be no more sound updates? :huh:

I thought he quit though???? :linux:

Cyberman

Things EMU authors like
  1. Constructive feed back, that is nothing that says "It doesn't work on Poke'mon Diamond Stealth!"
  2. Not to be asked for a BETA of software.
  3. Not to be pestered for a new release, if they think it's ready then it's ready.
  4. Asked if they are abandoning something or what there status is or how close are they to a release. Why? It's pestering them. Mostly they'll say what they are doing if they want you to know.
    [/list=1]

Bottom line.. if you hate to be bugged, why are you bugging them? Ever been nagged? Think about 5000 people nagging you. Honestly people do this because they like the challenge and it's interesting, not for fame or glory. The ones who do the latter, come and go like the wind and release bad hacks of the emulators claiming they have done a lot of work.

If no one knows then, that's that, just don't pester them, they have time for working on the plugin or they have time for answering a question if they are working on it. Personally I would rather work on it!

That's me I guess. :)

Cyb