What's new

W32 Daedalus

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Just wanted to let people know Daedalus is still alive and well. Salv-E released a W32 port at beginning of last month and that both Linux and MacOS ports are in the works. If you want to try out the PC version (it's self contained with no front-end currently) you can check out the release thread at our site. The thread also contains a link to the source code.

Release thread, instructions, source link:
http://forums.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4187

Thanks,
Kreationz

P.S. Strmnnrmn, Salv-E, Corn, and Wally have been hard at work on it while I've mainly been absent due various reasons, but they've done some great work on it. Strmnnrmn has also been working on a JavaScript port as well. I'll be back to coding within a few days and monitoring this thread if there are any questions.

P.S.S. Just in case...
https://github.com/hulkholden/daedalus/

UPDATE: Salv-E has released 1.1 which takes care of a few of the bugs including some mentioned here.

Attachments

• Daedalusx64_v1.1.zip
    584.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Guru64

"The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum."

I'm not registering just so I can see one thread.

OP
K

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Sorry, the permissions were set wrong for that forum for guests. I've fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

OP
K

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Tried one of the few games still not booting properly and have to make a sarcastic comment... Have you tried any other titles?

P.S. There ARE several more titles running now that didn't in the old PC version of Daedalus. Due to rounding errors on the PSP, the PC version has slightly higher compatibility and runs overall smoother due to the extra processing power. There's no GUI right now as Strmn is planning to add an OpenGL GUI to make it cross platform compatible.

DETOMINE

Tried one of the few games still not booting properly and have to make a sarcastic comment... Have you tried any other titles?
P.S. There ARE several more titles running now that didn't in the old PC version of Daedalus. Due to rounding errors on the PSP, the PC version has slightly higher compatibility and runs overall smoother due to the extra processing power. There's no GUI right now as Strmn is planning to add an OpenGL GUI to make it cross platform compatible.
I guess you need a few explanations about my sarcastic comment :shifty: .
Seems like you didn't read all of my posts on this forum (I don't blame you for that :) ).

In fact, it's the only game that I owned that no emulator can emulate properly (except Dolphin with the wad version, but it's slow at the moment and probably for a long time).
Each time a new version of an emulator appears I try it against MT64 but without success so far.

So don't take it personally, it's my personal running joke.

Surkow

It'd be nice if Daedalus would support OpenGL ES for porting to embedded devices.

OP
K

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Adding OpenGL ES support and MusyX support are the two projects I have planned for myself.

Mario Tennis runs and goes in game under the Interpreter, but the W32 version uses the Dynarec by default. Strmnnrnm is planning an OpenGL based GUI or I'd do that for the PC version first. This is just a first initial release for a platform other than the PSP in a long time.

Surkow

I'm kind of surprised about your plans. The last time I asked (in IRC) there was no interest in porting Daedalus to other platforms.

F

Fanatic 64

It's not compatible with Windows XP...

Other than that, it's always good to have one more emulator, hope you can keep it up (and implement a GUI)!

OP
K

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
I'm kind of surprised about your plans. The last time I asked (in IRC) there was no interest in porting Daedalus to other platforms.
These are my personal plans and not the other devs on the team.

Other than that, it's always good to have one more emulator, hope you can keep it up (and implement a GUI)!
Whether or not I implement a traditional W32 menu system will largely depend on how quickly Strmnnrmn plans to implement his OpenGL GUI.

P.S. Wally is handling the Linux port, Salv-E the W32, Strmnnrmn the OSX and Java, and the whole team (The three of them plus Corn and myself) will continue work on graphics, bugs, speed and the core.

F

Fanatic 64

These are my personal plans and not the other devs on the team.

Whether or not I implement a traditional W32 menu system will largely depend on how quickly Strmnnrmn plans to implement his OpenGL GUI.

P.S. Wally is handling the Linux port, Salv-E the W32, Strmnnrmn the OSX and Java, and the whole team (The three of them plus Corn and myself) will continue work on graphics, bugs, speed and the core.
I don't mind if it's Win32 or OpenGL, I just want to stay away from the Command Prompt :D

Salvy

Look like Mario Tennis doesn't run.
It's ok, I will wait another 10 years :ermm: .

Yes, was a bug in the cache coverage for the dynarec, I just fixed it. BUT Mario Tennis still has core issues, still not playable yet.
You can disable the dynarec by adding
Code:
DynarecSupported=False
under Mario Tennis in roms.ini, but like I said it still not playable.

Yep is not compatible with XP. I already fixed it, but I just haven't gotten a chance to release a new build.

Yea there was never any interest in making any port.
All started when StrmnNrmn stumbled on a bug while working on n64js, and he couldn't find any suitable emulator on OSX with the debug features he needed(I think he needed something like synchronizer tool or fragment simulator found in Daedalus, can't remember).
So he started the port for OSX, then I followed with the W32 port (Pretty much for debugging, since the tools available for debugging on the PSP are very limited, nothing close to what's available for Windows!).

OP
K

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Hi Salvy, glad you stopped by. I just put your updated release at the start of the thread.