What's new

voodoo3

voivod

i think someone may have answered this before, but i'm not sure. when I attempt to run 1.4, I get a message saying "Direct3d failed to initalize my HAL device".. 'Failed to initalize graphics'.

I use DirectX9.0, dxdiag says there are no problems.

Any suggestions? i'm checking out newest drivers from voodoofiles, will try with 1.5 as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, it's been over a year since I played Zelda 64 Ocarina of Time - I was on the shadow area, never got to finish the game. Thanks.

OP
V

voivod

No problems. Loaded 'fastest' settings as well as 'optimal' settings on 3dhqtools... The problem is that my 450 K6-2 just isnt up to par. Oh well. I guess it'll wait for my 1.3 ghz machine (a whole $80.. wow.)

Aloha,
Lex (VoiVoD)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You can try 1964 in the meanwhile. Or uHLE 2064. They might run better on your low-end system atm.

OP
V

voivod

my low end system. :p :n64:
i used to build computers, actually. This one was assembled from stuff layin around. my computer's over in cali (3.06ghz, 2gb ram, etc). :)
i found something else out. if your voodoo card runs 130 or 140 mhz, dont overclock it to 210. bad.

whats up lex? that's my name.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
voivod said:
i think someone may have answered this before, but i'm not sure. when I attempt to run 1.4, I get a message saying "Direct3d failed to initalize my HAL device".. 'Failed to initalize graphics'.

I use DirectX9.0, dxdiag says there are no problems.

Any suggestions? i'm checking out newest drivers from voodoofiles, will try with 1.5 as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, it's been over a year since I played Zelda 64 Ocarina of Time - I was on the shadow area, never got to finish the game. Thanks.

The above problem is typical of what occurs when a
Voodoo 3 is set to 32-bit color. Voodoo 3s *require*
16-bit color. Set the desktop to High Color (16-bit).

TRS

Did you set your desktop colours to 16-bit? Direct3D won't work on a Voodoo card when desktop colours are set to 32-bit.