What's new

VobDub Required ! ! !

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
While searching the net i have found "Vobdub" a plugin used with virtualdub for configuring virtualdub parsing vob files. So as you understand with this lugin you can rip movies with VIRTUALDUB. :happy: My problem is the link i found was dead and i couldn't find it on the web. Does anyone have it ?

mesman00

What's that...?
i have a question about encoding video in general, using any program...while encoding on my computer i always get a hard freeze...using any program. anybody know why this might happen? coudl it be that my power supply is to small, i think it's 300 watts. i don't think this is it, but its all i can think of

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Too little virtual memory? :baaa:
Or perhaps too many applications running/and or using a high priority when encoding?

mesman00

What's that...?
Doomulation said:
Too little virtual memory? :baaa:
Or perhaps too many applications running/and or using a high priority when encoding?

don't think that's it, i will let it sit on my computer while encoding and not run any other programs, and i still get the hard freeze.

also, i don't think it has to do with too little virtual memory. however, i am a little unclear on how virtual memory works. i know it has to deal with copying info in the RAM to the hard drive to free up RAM for other applications. However, if i am not running any other applications this should be a problem. would anyone like to explain a little further on this for me?

Last edited:
OP
Dr@mer

Dr@mer

vampireuk said:
Why would you need to rip movies with virtualdub?

* vampireuk smacks you with Gordian knot

I don't remember well but i think that in warner bros movies there is a stuck in the beggining that ruins the whole movie(with the last divx codec). Virtualdub on the other hand doesn't have problems such as this ;)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
I have had no problems with Gordian Knot using DivX 5. And some of the older films are the worst to rip, no problems at all.

OP
Dr@mer

Dr@mer

vampireuk said:
I have had no problems with Gordian Knot using DivX 5. And some of the older films are the worst to rip, no problems at all.

i face a stuck problem when there is a "flash" scene with many colors.You are using flaskmpeg, aren't you?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
mesman00 said:
i have a question about encoding video in general, using any program...while encoding on my computer i always get a hard freeze...using any program. anybody know why this might happen? coudl it be that my power supply is to small, i think it's 300 watts. i don't think this is it, but its all i can think of

I would think if your power supply is insufficient, which the chance
is high, because your Athlon XP 2100+ processor chip chokes, PJ64 would crash, start getting BSODs often, Windows failing to install with file errors and file corrupted errors.

If the virtual memory is too small:

Windows 2000 and Windows XP:

Windows would display the error message that the virtual memory is too small and will increase the page file size.

During the above process, a application may crash.

Windows 95 and Windows 98:

Windows will repeat displaying the error message when you attempt to open anything:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is not enough free memory to start X. Please close some
applications and try again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and you won't be even able to:

Open *ANY* application

Any attempt to enter Control Panel, shutting down PC with the Shut Down menu or going to the
Shut Down menu to tell Windows to reboot the PC, Windows usually will repeat displaying the error message:

There is not enough free memory to start X. Please close some
applications and try again.
thus you are forced to hard reboot the PC and go to safe mode to fix the virtual memory settings.

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
i dont get any error messages, i just get a hard boot, how do i change the virtual memory settings once in safe mode.

OP
Dr@mer

Dr@mer

vampireuk i don't understand which is the advanced part of this program. It is only a combination of simple programs with flaskmpeg included in. At the other hand imagine the combination of Vstrip with this plugin i'm looking for, the "VobDub". So please if you find anything post me smth.