What's new

Vista And Rice's plugin (how to)

Inorigi no Yume

Dream of the Fayth
I'd just like to cut in and inform people, that if you have Vista installed on your computer, you'll probably find the texture pack won't work properly. This is due to DirectX 10 working differently to DX9. As a workaround, run your emulator (I use PJ64) in Compatibility mode for Windows 98/Me. That should get it loading the D3DX9 plugin.

EDIT: Oh crap. I'm so sorry! I didn't notice the (DO NOT POST) part. If you can, can you split it from the topic?

mudlord

Banned
I'd just like to cut in and inform people, that if you have Vista installed on your computer, you'll probably find the texture pack won't work properly. This is due to DirectX 10 working differently to DX9. As a workaround, run your emulator (I use PJ64) in Compatibility mode for Windows 98/Me. That should get it loading the D3DX9 plugin.

EDIT: Oh crap. I'm so sorry! I didn't notice the (DO NOT POST) part. If you can, can you split it from the topic?

Cyberman or the other mods can split it, I dont have the authority. Also thanks for the notice. I'll add it in when I can to the next RC or full update, whatever comes first.

Last edited:
OP
Inorigi no Yume

Inorigi no Yume

Dream of the Fayth
Done, I still can't believe people just post without actually reading the title!

Cyb

Heh... I read the title, but for some reason, my mind didn't register the (DO NOT POST) part.

Anyway, I hope this snippet of information is useful for those who use Vista, and are having problems with the plugin.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just a note, but being DX9 and all, it loads DX9, Vista or not. Programs actually specify which DX version they use, so...
This is more of a Vista issue rather than a DX10 issue. Just a little heads up.